Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Signings

Ally Mitchell is virtually certain to sign for us and Dave Baikie is in talks with Paul Tosh,who is holding out for the Manager`s job at Forfar.If he doesn`t get it,it looks like he will be at New Bayview.

Re: New Signings

Surely Jim Moffat will get the Forfar job???

Where is Tosh justnow?

He is still at Forfar. From what I have heard,Willie Gray is prepared to spend serious cash to bring quality players to East Fife.

Could he spend some serious cash to get rid of Deek too?

Tam, good to see you still "have yer finger on the pulse"!!
2 very good signings in my opinion, might go as far and put 10 shekels each way to win the league!

With all thse ''young bloods'' coming into the fold I cant wait to purchase my season ticket at a very reasonable £180 (or os I've heard), looks like we're play off bound.

Ally mitchell was given a shot a few years back for a return and knocked it back if willie is opening purse strings would not want to line ally mitchells nest at 37 y old

How can we afford players like Tosh, I remember a thread on here a couple of seasons ago saying he was the highest paid player in the second division at that time, something like £280-300 a week. As DB keeps saying the budget for players comes from gate money, gate money has gone down, but all of a sudden were being quoted as being intrested in players like Tosh. Does this mean theres more money for the squad, remember we will need more than one player.

I am sure that Willie Gray said at the last 'meet the chairman' forum that he will put a good team on the park. I wonder if perhaps he is funding it.

Oops sorry, I meant 'meet the board' forum.

One of the many reasons for the club's refusal to sell shares to the Trust was the completely fabricated story that the the revenue must be used for player's swages. The club insisted that wages would come from gate receipts and no additional cash could be used as the wage bill would be artificially inflated and that inflated figure could not be guaranteed or maintained in future seasons.
It will be interesting to see if that policy is
followed in view of steadily falling gate receipts.

At the end of the day,D`ick Brown is a lying devious little b@stard who will take 100% credit for any money being used for players.
Did anyone else hear about the alleged envelope scam at Smith & Grant where a certain employee had a deal with a stationery firm,where he would get a % of any envelopes sold.Some time later there was 1000`s of unused envelopes found "hidden" in the Office.

Tosh named as Assistant Manager to George Shaw today.