Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fife Cup Score

What was it??

Re: Fife Cup Score

1-0 to the Fife. As someone that works in Linoland, I'm suddenly looking forward to going back to work!!!

From the Official site, the final is on Thursday, at Bayview. We shall be defending our title against Scumfermline.

What was the team and who scored?

Raith put out a very young team, where EastFife had quite a lot of senior players out, ie Lumsden,Beith, Smart, Fortune(scorer),Dodds,K Dodds,Gorden, to name a few.

Did any protesters go to todays game?

Yes there were about 30 maximum although several (including, alas, myself) left before the end.

I think we saw it very much as a token effort as the season is in effect over.

Knowing our Beloved Leader JDB, no doubt he'll be naive enough to think the protest is over. It isn't and won't be until he is removed from influence over the club.

Time to go home

You've had your day

Derrick and davie are going away.

Time to go home

We don't want you to stay

Derrick and Davie

Please go away!

Oi deek fuck aff now my san or else !

crawford,smith,doyle,johnston were in 1st 11.
samson,cusick,bissett,got a run out.
20 mound protesters at the most.
2nd half 6 protesters max.

About 150 folk in the ground.

A few weeks ago it was 150 in the ground and 80 on the mound. Are the mound-bound crowd losing heart?

Not at all, anyone who was at Montrose last week will know thats not the case. Obviously we're not going to get as many folk turning up to see a fringe team take on Raith under 17s in a Fife Cup game, if Brown is still around next season (which I really hope he isn't) then you will see the same determination to get rid of him as you have seen at the tail end of this season.

Hopefully it wont come to that, but if it does then it has to be done.

All eye's are on the board right now.

Couldn't agree more igor. I'm more determined then ever to see the back of Derrick Brown. I can't be at every game(for a variety of reasons)but i'l certainly be protesting at every game I can until he's gone, hopefully taking Hamilton et al with him!

It just appears to the average fan, like myself, and yes I was at Montrose too, that the protesters may be getting a bit fed-up. At Montrose the focus was on drawing attention to the fight by wearing fancy dress and poking fun at the board. Speaking to a few who have activly participated in the protests it would appear that the feeling is that nothing's going to change, claim and counter claim is being exchanged but to these people I have spoken to DB will only move out when he decides he wants to. Can someone tell me that this is not the case and that there is a plan ''B'' so to speak.

I think it was because it was a Fife cup game and not a league game. There wasn't many in the home end, the away end or the mound. I'm sure that Raith would normally bring more than 100 if it was league or scottish cup.

If the numbers yesterday lull Deek into a false sense of security then that will only make his fall from grace be from a greater height!

How did you get anything out of DB? When did you speak to him?

As you will know he's been ignoring all requests for dialect, from myself, from the trust and from others.

Igor I think you've misunderstood WP, I read it as the people he'd spoken to were saying that they felt that deek wouldn't move until he was ready to.

But it deos raise the question, how do we move forward when we cant get any of the board/major shareholders to speak to us.

Ah right, got you..

In my opinion we are hearing of too many directors/shareholders saying that they "have no interest in the running of the club", that is not good enough, but i'm sure if we keep the pressure on then they will soon be left with no choice.

Why anyone would want to see "their investment" ran into the ground by a buffoon like Brown who costs the club tens of thousands is beyond me.

But you'll probably find what he's telling them is quite far from the truth.

Thursday night we play Dumpfermline (our last match of the season)is there going to be something special happening to give JDB something to remember during the close season

"DB will only move out when he decides he wants to"

I don't think that will be the case - he is only there with on the backing of others- he'd be gone as soon as that backing went.

There was only around 20 people on the mound yesterday.Most went away at half time.BUT ov the 20 or so that were on the mound,how many were/have been season ticket holders.Thees guys will not be buying season tickets before Brown has gone.Looking at where i used to sit in the ground,the season ticket holders that are ussually there, were not there yesterday.Also prob about 3rd ov the gate were kids.Will be very interesting how many season tickets Derrick will sell before the start ov the season!!!

I'd like to know how Brian Duff was allowed back into the ground after he came to the mound to speak to someone. If I was Dave Marshall I'd be getting myself off to seek legal advice on the grounds of blatant discrimination. Obviously Brians face fits then.

Just found out the score AND the result of the final.

Devastated...

You in Japan?

I was watching the game yesterday and saw Arnie who I go to the games with.

NB - if you are ever skiving work to go to the football, double check that you are not standing next to Arnie as he is always on the telly!

It's normally Jakey Joiner who gets on the telly is it not?

I wish, Eugene. Was over in Copenhagen and Amsterdam to see Radiohead.

I know, I know. I should have cancelled for the Semi Final. Part timer and all that.