Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Players for next season..staying/going

I am glad that we are keeping Fortune,Gordon,Smith and smart but i would have defo let go martin and hampshire...i think we need to bring in a couple of strikers that offer a bit more pace and options for the team..

Also why is Campbell being let go... he can cover many options and would be in my team for next season, didnt we sign him from Cowdung when our current manager was their manager . Must be something personal between them i think... I heard that he is maybe going back there, if so why aint we keeping him as he is good enough for our team next season..

Finally we must sign a decent goalie for next season..any thoughts...

Re: Players for next season..staying/going

so nobody has any thoughts on my post what so ever !!!

Ah well never mind...

Looks like we have a solid midfield next year in Fortune, Smart, Gordon and Hampshire who has played well but seems to lack confidence at times.

Martin was disappointing last season and looked like his heart wasn't in it at.

Surprised that Campbell is being let go he looked ok and could play in a number of positions.

It is obvious where our problems lay last season with a lot of goals conceded and we need a couple of new defenders to tighten that up.

i would like to see ally mitchell and neil jablonsky added to our forward line.

who said campbell was being freed.

ps-we need a few different players in so a few have to make way,i think bradford,savage and bain will be on their way.

Bain is rumoured to be getting a player/manager role for a junior team.

I believe Baikie and Campbell dont get on, thats why Campbell left Cowdenbeath. Its always a bit disappointing when personalities come into play when selecting the team. It seems reasonable to pick the best players for the job rather than the ones you like.

However, the manager is no different from many of the fans who would have had Morrison in goals because he was a ''really nice guy''.

Lets not get carried away, I think we should think ourselves lucky to hold onto any players, considering we are merely a basement third division team who pay a maximum of £40 a week. So EFFC, don,t go saying who should not be allowed to stay, but be thankfull to those who have decided to stay. Also lads lets not forget it was Gray who brought Anelka to Raith, and allowed him to fill the team with second rate French duds. Which Raith are still trying to recover from!

I heard tosh isw getting £280.00 a week if he comes

For what its worth I think that both Hampshire and Martin are good players who could contribute to a successful team if played in the right way, and by that I mean not asking Martin to play as a full back nor Hampshire to play as a striker

Can't see Andy Campbell coming back, also heard last night the Ally Mitchell & Lee Dair have signed for Ballingry. They've got "silly" money to spend.

Totaly agree with WP, both players mentioned were constantly played out of position, give the lads a chance to prove themselves in thier preferred positions. With regaurds to anyone a EastFife getting £280 a week. I don,t think so.

Just a couple of things for the recent posts.

1: A east fife player gettin payed that kind of money i dont think so, i dont think the players on contracts just now would be happy if they r playin For £50 and tosh gets that kind of money.

2: martin and hampshire, as for martin i dont think hes played as well as he can as i have heard alot of good comment on him when he played for the scum. i think we should keep him. Hampshire has a realy good left foot but is a little one paced, we should be greatful that they have signed for next year.

Just a couple of things for the recent posts.

1: A east fife player gettin payed that kind of money i dont think so, i dont think the players on contracts just now would be happy if they r playin For £50 and tosh gets that kind of money.

2: martin and hampshire, as for martin i dont think hes played as well as he can as i have heard alot of good comment on him when he played for the scum. i think we should keep him. Hampshire has a realy good left foot but is a little one paced, we should be greatful that they have signed for next year.

Andy C and Dave B don't get on as per their Cowden days. In addition, Andy doesn't fit in with Dave's preferred playing style. Dave's approach is the opposite of Jim Moffat's as he likes to see the ball passed out from the back and not a long ball game. Back 4 will keep possession rather than punt it. Goes for possession style football and doesn't like ball to be given away.

Heard that John Dodds, Scott Morisson, John Bradford and Joe Savage are all away!

Also Baikie is in talks with John Ward from Cowdenbeath but that looks unlikely to happen.

Gavin Beith signed 1 year contract with Forfar.

if wardy signs for u lot i would personally be gutted. i dont think he'll sign a new contract with us however. i think a move to brechin is whats going to happen.

if we resign andy campbell then something is far wrong

Andy Carlin could be on his way to Bayview.

talking to yourself Michael?

Only after a few vodkas!

That Cowden tink is using my name and making me lose my street cred!