Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gretna

In one of Holland's national papers, there is a big article about Gretna and what they have achieved with Mileson's cash. The reporter said that Mileson was a very nice and down to earth guy but Alexander was a cocky, arrogant, unfriendly b*****d. Some local reporter, who didn't want to be named, said that he wasn't impressed with what Alexander had achieved, as anybody could done it with the quality of the squad he has. K.D was also mentioned about his goal scoring feats and about the Jaguar prize on offer.

Mileson apparently smokes a 100 fags a day and likes his little tipple. Also had 2 heart attacks but still lights up.

So Gretna is now known throughtout Holland for other things than runnaway marriages.

Re: Gretna

Mileson seems like a really good guy, but I must agree Alexander is a complete fud. The sad thing is he thinks its down to him, Gretna's success...

Well done to Gretna, have to admit I cheered their goal and wanted them to win the shootout, but it wasn't to be.

Same here, Igor. I've always been a fan of the underdog and it wouldn't have distressed me TOO much if Gretna had won the penalty shoot-out!
About Rowan Alexander, though. I'm rather intrigued to read that he's not all that well liked by some. About a year before Gretna were admitted to the league I was travelling south and decided to make a small detour via Raydale Park to see what the place was like. The main gate was open, so I went in and knocked on the door of the manager's office (a portacabin) to ask if it would be OK to have a look round. It was Rowan Alexander who answered the door, and couldn't have been nicer. We spoke for quite a while about football in general and I have to say that if the guy is, as you say, a 'fud', it wasn't apparent that day!

I'd heard all this stuff about alexander being a baw bag but I think he came across quite well today.

Chuffed for Mileson, the guy seems really down to Earth and all the community stuff he does more than out weighs the annoyance of someone 'buying' success.

Impressed with Gretna today, big Kenny gave a couple of international defenders a tough time. Maybe he'll realised he's taken gretna as far as he can and come back ;-)

cracking day out at Hampden today, spotted someone in the next section to ours in the East Stand wearing the black and gold stripe shirt - from a distance didnt know who it was?

What a terrific final! Nobody could have grudged Gretna equalling our record after a performance like that...

The guy in the black and gold shirt, I think it was a Wolves or a Norwich top. He was sitting just down from me but I could't make out the badge but it wasn't a fife top.

Given that Norwich play in yellow and green, it's unlkiely to have been one of them!

I did wonder about the colour of the Norwich top but it looked like a Norwich badge from a distance. It looks like it must have been a Wolves top.

Hull City perhaps?