Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ally Mitchell

Has signed for us

The Official Site has actually been updated with a list of players released!

Lummy is away too.

Re: Ally Mitchell

That is great news. Also, I'm pleased to see that Fortune has signed a two year deal.

Best of luck to Scott Morrison for the future. You deserve 1st team football.

I was going to put up 'Mitchell Signs' as the title, but people might think that Johnny was making a return!

Anybody know what the difference between players retained for next season and players registered for next season?

Registered means players that have signed for next season, retained are the ones the Club has offered new contracts to.

Ally is a good signing.
Surprised about Lummy though.

Good signing

Getting Ally Mitchell is a great signing. He is one of the few flair players in Scottish football prepared to dig in and fight to win every game. Who else would we have back? What is Stevie Nicholas doing now?

Another former player I would have back is Lummy!!

I would welcome back Stevie Nicholas too. Dunno where he is and what he is doing. Shocked about Lumsden, I wish him well.

Stevie Nicholas was a sub for Partick v Peterhead in the Play Off Final.

I'm sure I spotted Stevie Nichols at the Fife Cup Final, I wonder what makes him hang around Bayview. The last time he did this we signed him for a second time, surely not a third.
Some of the guy's I sit next to think he's good but I've never been able to see it.

All I can think of when his name is mentioned is that if he could keep the ball on the ground when shooting we'd have played Sellick in the cup and not had a replay at Dunfermline.

I would welcome Stevie Nic back, without a doubt! I think he just needs another striker to link up with.

I'm pretty gutted about Lumsden leaving, is this because he doesnt fit into Dave baikies plans for the team or is it because he's graduated from college and is perhaps wanting to speard his wings.

Does anyone know?

didn't the East Fife Mail say last week that lumsden was to have a minor heart operation? unusual for a professional footballer

I think the fact that we had the worst defensive record in the league bar the Shire had a lot to do with this decision (not that Lumsden should shoulder all the blame for that of course). Baikie obviously didn't rate him and appears to be looking for a couple of big guys in the Mikey Hall mould.

I rated Lummy highly, and he is a great guy, but maybe a good clearout is what we are needing. Hopefully Craig will get another senior club and maybe we'll see him back at Bayview one day.

I'd just like to thank him for his efforts, always gave 110% and scored a few goals too. All the best for the future Lummy

Walter Pidgeon - 99 out of 100 goalkeepers would never even have got a finger tip to Stevie Nick's shot against Dunfermline at Bayview!!!

You may well be right JC but it was at a good height for the keeper. Had it been on the ground we'd have been in the next round.

The save was what you might call ''one for the camaras''

stevie was through with gary kelly and was in the bayview bar before the game with myself igor and glensfifer I think ally might be able to do a job for us to get promoted but can't see much lasting much longer

If Baikie wants the team to play football next season , Lumsden had to go. All he did was to blooter the ball up the park!!

This is true. He was a very bad footballer, decent defender, but couldn't pass wind after a curry. We need a big tall experienced centre half and someone with a bit of confidence in the middle of the park. A target man would be useful as it would give us another option. Look at Martin Johnston from Elgin, IMO one of the best players in our league.

Ashame about Lummy but if the talk is true,Ward will be signing for us.Brechin are also looking but they have central defenders already and will not make a move for him unless one ov them is transfered.Think Lummy would have been o.k with a good solid defender playing along side him,and was not, by far the worst player in the sqaud last season.

http://www.killiefc.com/Do%20You%20Remember/AllyMitchell.htm