Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thanks To You All

Just a quick post to thank all of the supporters, volunteers and staff at East Fife Football Club. I have had 1 good year and 1 not so good year, on and off the pitch, and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been there for me whether I was playing or not. Special thanks to the Supporters Club for sponsoring me this year, and wish all of you the very best for next season. Hopefully things can only get better!!

Re: Thanks To You All

All the best Scott!

Never really got your chance this season but there is no doubting your a quality keeper! Good luck in finding a new club!

I take it your are leaving and not signing for another year you will be missed by all the the supporters especially the boys on the mound good luck where ever you go all the best mate keep in touch

Good luck for the future Scott, thanks for all your efforts in what has been a very tough time for EFFC. You will always be welcome at Bayview

It has been a pleasure knowing you Scott,your Mum and Dad too.

well scott,

dissapointed to say the least, you're a great player and a massive blow for the club to lose you.

top quality charachter, will be sorely missed.

Good Luck, Scott.

All the best Scott. One thing that always impressed me was just how well your Mum & Dad and Doddsys parent got on! For the families of to guys who were in direct competition with eachother to get on so well was pretty amazing! Says so much about their character.
Apologies still for sounding off so loudly after the Stenny game, have calmed down now!!
Heard the Doddsy will probably be leaving too as the travelling is proving a bit difficult! All change in deed!
Good luck in Smokieville if thats where your going!

all the bsst scott and good luck.

Bye Babes love n missing you already.Have a great few days away n rest your guid hands keep in touch xx n

not quite the same goodbye as Caroline but all the best anywyay

Good luck Scott.

As the winner of the first EFST player of the year last year I think we all expected you to be the regular keeper this season for whatever reason this wasn't the case. I still think you were a better keeper than Dodds though.

See you at Arbroath next season.

Again thanks to everyone who have been wishing me good luck on my departure. It really does mean a lot to me. I would like to point out that the club had sent me information regarding my future at the club, but due to the split from my girlfriend and children that is not very ammicable, I had not been informed anything had been sent to my old address. The chairman called my parents house to explain that the club had sent me a letter, but to my old address, which was decent of him to do so.
I believe I needed a change of scenary and a chance to be first choice, and due to circumstances in my personal life, I thought a clean slate would be better. I wish East Fife and the boys all the best for next season, and I will see you all at Bayview!!