Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Correct procedures

Just thought I would like to explain that I have had a very thoughtful telephone call from the Chairman this evening explaining that a letter was sent to Scott at the address held on file for him, re his position at the club. Scott has changed his address in the past six weeks and the letter has not been passed on to him from his old address. This clears up any misunderstanding that may have been taken.
We as a family have enjoyed the two years association with East Fife FC and have found everyone friendly and supportive at all times. It is unfortunate that to seek the chance of a first team position, Scott has to leave the club. But as they say - never say never, he and we could be back at some time.
Best wishes to you all for next season.

Re: Correct procedures

To many protesters jumping in with their muckle feet. I hope they are big enough to apologise for their comments. And no this is not DB or any connection.

"ah dinnae read the forum"

Aye right Derrick. Must have taken time out from answering calls from 100 women.

Anyway, glad to hear it was cleared up.

regardless if a letter was sent or not, isn't this something that should have been said to scott face to face? just i would ave thought he would have been told and THEN a letter to confirm.

anyway good luck Scott

I will apologise to Derrick when he admits that he is not a fit and proper person to be in charge of a football club and does the decent thing.

IMO, there is nothing for the fans to apologise for, they were commenting on a post that was put up by Scotts family, not shit stirring. However, this was still dealt with in a shabby manner.

We could post whatever we want on here anyway coz Brown doesn't read forums.

What a great way to the break the news that the club (East Fife) does not want you any longer(a letter)

Same old crap Derek man or a mouse?

Igor dosent seem to think DB ignores this forum.

should have been told to his face of any intension to release, scared???? not man enough????

normal proceedure with any contract I believe

Can Derek confirm that he sent a letter “only” to Scott to confirm the clubs interest when he joined East FIFE?? I THINK NOT!

Which DB do you think is responsible for telling players? Brown or Baikie?

Its down to the manager who he wants to keep. Like any new manager they tend to get rid of the previous managers signings to make way for their own. The chairman usually get involved where money is the issue, thats why WG was appointed to the board.

I think it is crap to treat employees by giving them a letter it happens all to often in todays world the club have been poor since db took charge and the records at the club should be kept up to date,no excuse for not knowing a employees address,what would have happenend if he was given another contract and it was sent to his old address scott would not know, so BROWN stop trying make excuses just F-----G go AND GIVES US PIECE TO WATCH OUR CLUB NOT YOURS

By the way GOOD LUCKY SCOTTY as long it not against us

I think you'll find that it's the employees responsibility to notify their employer of a change of address.

From the timing of the article in the Courier I'd suggest that Scott knew he wasn't going to have his contract renewed. What the club failed to do was notify his mum, shame on you DB

Zak are you suggesting when you say that DB should give us 'piece'are you suggesting that they give us sandwiches?

If you have nothing nice to say just keep quite. You are getting as bad as that Eugene bloke for picking on people's spelling mistakes.

Maybe it should be Walter Pidgin.