Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Waverers

We all hope that changes in management and the introduction of new players will result in an improved performance of the team possibly leading to promotion this year. However the continuing protest in the face of winning team doing well in the league will highlight the seriousness of our concerns over the continuing presence of Brown at our club. This has been suggested by previous posts and will show to our new chairman-in-waiting that his supposition that a winning team would break the back of the protest was ill-founded.

The protest is about the behind the scenes shenanigans that have arisen since Brown returned to the club and his continuing ego trip in wielding the power he has been given by misguided shareholders. If the protest folds he will then say he has won and the steady demise of the club will continue possibly to its extinction. This is my fear for the club.

The future of the club is obvious as has been shown by many clubs. It is a greater involvement of the supporters that Brown has been fighting a rear-guard action against (possibly with tacit support from other club chairmen who do not wish their power or possibility of financial gain to be diminished).

The removal of Brown will be a symbol to future chairmen and others that the supporters, who are the lifeblood of the game, will not allow those individuals to play fast and loose with our clubs.

Re: Waverers

Very well said!

Here here.

It obviously seems that there are several board members, friends or relations trying to stir up a bit of 'I'm on your side, I don't like Brown etc (utter pish) but now it's the time to pack it in' rubbish.

There are even shop owners coming on pretending to be contented customers for the sake of business. It's transparent and farcical.

The c**t HAS to go. It's simple. He should be ridiculed and shamed into stepping aside - he has no money of his own in the club. He's an egotistical little parasite getting a kick out of having a stranglehold over a well-loved club.

As Igor said to Serge ''What have you done'' St Pauli?

The passion to see us become a well run,ambitious,community based club should not be turned on and off at every piece of good or bad news surely.The biggest obstacle to us achieving our aims is Derrick and if all the people,and I mean all,who want to see his removal keep their resolve then we can achieve exactly that.
If we cannot maintain the passion and desire to save our club then ,for sure as hell,no one else will.

To "??????" what do you expect him to do from Germany?

Guys do not stop.
This board is a disgrace.
Information being made available to members at this coming Saturday's Supporters Club meeting will galvanise you further, I assure you.

I have to say i would be surprised and dissapointed if we are still in the same position at the start of the season. I honestly would have hoped that some current Board members would have taken a stance agaisnt Brown,and if not,then it will only strengthen my resolve and make me more determined to get rid of the cancer that is Derrick Brown.
The close season is the only chance for Hamilton,Hain,Mackay etc to stand up and be counted.If no action is taken then they can expect and deserve all the abuse they get.

The current board have for months been told by supporters in no uncertain terms that they have the key to getting Brown off the board and yet they still do nothing.

Derrick Brown must be removed for the good of East Fife and for the club to survive, people posting on here under assumed names supporting Brown have as much credence as the anonymous letters to The EF Mail a few weeks ago.

The right-thinking people will know that the protests must continue. Nobody is fooled by the 'I don't like Brown either but...' brigade.

Prior to the protests I feared for the future of EFFC. I do not have that fear now.

The majority of supporters (both boycotters and attendees) want change and everything is being done to ensure that this will happen. The question of 'what next' is not a concern of Derrick Brown's but a query that will be answered to the incoming Chairman.

There is never a truer word spoken when I say this....

FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED

Spot on!

Don't anyone forget that Brown is-
A racist
A sexist
A bully
An egomaniac
A clown
And a FANNY!