Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
With Regret

It is with deep regret that I have decided to cancel my standing orders and cash payments to East Fife Black and Gold Club amounting to £400 per year, as well as not renewing my season ticket.
It seems that non East Fife supporters can buy shares at a reduced rate, while other so-called East Fife supporters can get shares for nothing, in lieu of travelling and telephone expenses. At the same time East Fife Supporters Trust have to pay the full amount of £4.50 for the shares they were grudgingly sold.
I have known Derrick personally for many years and I remember him saying, as do others, that he would never ever pay to get into Bayview, and he kept his word. I wonder how much Derrick has put into the club. I’m prepared to bet – not even the entry money.
It seems that Derricks only interest in East Fife is keeping his place on the SFA. He has lost contact with the bread and butter fans, if he ever has it in the first place.

Re: With Regret

Your actions will come as a disappointment to Derrick.
He always set you up as an exemplary supporter.

However, if you think you support East Fife more than he does etc etc...

You don't know the half of it Grant. But welcome to the club of eyes opened supporters fighting for our survival. Still I am wondering why you decided this at this time when this information has been around for some time?

I've have been of this opinion for some time and spent the latter part of last season watching from The Mound. Also never bought a season ticket for last season and as stated won't be buying one for this season unless something dramatic occurs over the coming weeks.

Dave:

He's right about one thing, I am an exemplary supporter, hence my actions.