Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Derrick wants to stay in control (surprise surprise)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/east_fife/5022360.stm

"But I would hope the same board of directors will still be in place after that and we will move on from there."

Re: Derrick wants to stay in control (surprise surprise)

I type that into the "Fife Cooncil translator" and it came out as

"At the end of the day, if Rankine wants to sell his shares then there's nothing I can do about it but I don't want to give supporters any reason to celebrate so i'll try to insist that i'll be keeping my blazer, and it might keep the trust out too (I hope) which is the main thing"

If Derrick remains as chairman, nothing will change, protests will continue and the consortium will probably eventually withdraw their offer. Even when the asshole is given a get out and be able to save face he is so pigheaded he can't see it. Black and Gold not Brown.

I find it hilarious that Derrick believes someone would spend £500,000 on a football club and keep in place the very man that has caused our demise and every protest and boycott that has followed. As if he is so important and so vital to the running of the club that any new oweners would be unable to replace him.

Get over yourself Derrick, you are an embarrassment and a joke.