Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Signings

According ti Pie un Bovril we've signed Blackadder,Coutts un another jun player from Rosyth.
In the paper it says we've offered Tosh a contract(£300 a week)un also after Paul Ritchie.

Re: Signings

Courts and Blackadder are good players with experience of senior level, hopefully Ross is a striker.

Good to see the official website keeping is informed..

Just checked Rosyth site, Ross is a full back

EAST FIFE have stepped up their search for a striker by making an audacious bid to sign experienced forward Paul Ritchie.

The 37-year-old made a name for himself with Inverness Caledonian Thistle and was the club’s top scorer during their promotion-winning campaign of 2003/4.

Netting 19 times for Brechin since his move there in the summer of 2004, he went on to sign for Partick Thistle in the January transfer window—grabbing some vital goals for the Jags as they secured a return to the First Division at the first time of asking.

Despite slotting home the crucial penalty which gave Thistle play-off glory, Ritchie was one of several players released from Firhill last month and is said to be interested in making an impression in the Third Division.

While East Fife manager Dave Baikie did not go into the finer points of what was offered, he admitted that an approach has been made and Ritchie is mulling over a move.

“Obviously Paul is a player that I would love to have here and we’ve put an offer to him,” said Baikie.

“Paul’s on holiday sunning himself somewhere but he knows we are interested and we would expect to know his decision soon, probably by this time next week.”

Courier Sport can also reveal that the Fifers failed in an attempt to lure Paul Tosh away from Forfar Athletic.

Tosh was rumoured to have been offered around £300 a week to sign on at New Bayview but the 32-year-old, who was recently-appointed assistant manager at Station Park, decided that his immediate future lay with the Loons.

Meanwhile, Ryan Blackadder is set to formally complete his move to East Fife in the next few days, after agreeing a deal with the Methil club.

The former Raith midfielder has been impressive at Fife junior side St Andrews United but has opted to return to the senior ranks to bolster East Fife’s promotion challenge.

Mitchell, Crabbe and possibly Ritchie. All 37 years old. Ten years younger than me granted so just young lads really, but are we in danger of over-doing the experienced players bit?

Is it Conrad Courts we have re-signed or someone else called Courts.I`m sure Conrad was playing for hill of beath last season so im just checking if we have re-signed conrad.

It is Tom Courts we have signed.

Davie Ross is ANOTHER ex-Rovers player. His younger brother Greg plays for Dunfermline. Thats if it's the same person I'm thinking off.....

I think Ally Mitchell and Paul Ritchie are/would be great signings, not so sure about Crabbe.....
At the end of the day...... we want to get out of this division, if it relies on a couple of "oldies" I don't have a problem. After all they have both played at an extremely high level and the youngsters can only learn from them....

If there are any yougsters left in the team, that is.

At this rate the average age will be about 33.

FFS,who gives a toss if Baikie has signed 3 players deemed by some folk to be too old.Mitchell and Ritchie will do a job in this league no problem.Crabbe may be used sparingly.
I don`t know,we`ve had 3 years of sh!t and some folk stil moan.

I may be naive but I trust Baikie's signings. I think he is the right man for job and will take our club to dizzy heights (mind you, I thought Portugal would beat Angola 5-0, so whadda I know!)!

Don't want to get too excited yet, but on paper we have the makings of a great squad and a proven manager to boot. Like Pingpong I couldn't care less if they were all 60 as long as they get us out of this league.

Tam, how was Rose Queen day and the party after?

if were offering ritchie anywhere near the £300 per week as quoted for tosh,would we not be better going for stevie nicholas,who at least has the club at heart and would probably come for £100 per week and is about 10 years younger.

You're right Sandy he is about 10 years younger, but only half the player that Rithie is. he's also not a proven goal scorer.

Baikies signings seem good on paper, let him make the signings, after all thats what he's paid for.

I think if they can afford that sort of money they should be trying to sign Chris Templeman who is a proven goalscorer, a lot younger then Ritchie and lives in Glenrothes. Makes a lot more sense to me when we already have Mitchell and Crabbe who are experienced but the wrong side of 35. Stevie Nicholas would gladly return and with players like that around him may florish.

Who is Templeman with at the moment?

Don't you see the strategy the Board is following here??!!

Expensive signings that the club can't possibly afford unless Willie Gray stays.

So, if we all just settle down like good little boys and girls and start going through the turnstiles again, Oor Wullie will pick up the tab.

If, on the other hand, we continue to protest and succeed in removing Derrick, then we cannot possibly pay the wages of these new players, the club goes bust and certain parties will be quids in when the ground is sold.

Net result, no EFFC, and Deek and Wullie will say it's all the fans / Trust's fault.

If anyone thinks Willie is suddenly a fan of Trusts, they're living in a dream world.

We need to wake up to what's really happening here!!

PS - Collumbine is talking to other clubs as well, I hear from a very reliable source.

I thought the current protest were to get rid of DB, not Gray?

As far as I'm concerned, the campaign will have succeeded when he resigns as chairman and director.

The rest of the spineless toadies on the board can be dealt with later, although I don't see why Gray can't remain. At least he seems to have a semblance of a clue about running a club (which is more than Deek will ever have in this or several other lifetimes).

No, he's saying that the plan is not to get rid of anyone but sell off the club for property etc.

Put a fud, idiotic puppet in charge who can be manipulated and keep the club ticking over for a while. Then bring in another fud to spend over the odds and send us under just like Raith nearly did.

Sell the stadium, walk away with a tidy profit.

I think that's what he's saying. I for one do not like the fact that we are spending willy-nilly (excuse the pun) just so someone can be a folk hero with the fans (through spending loans/borrowed money etc) after shafting the Rovers.

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE SID/TRUST TAKEOVER? This seems to be the only way to safeguard our club

We should get hold of Colombine's contact details and let him know collectively he'd have the supporters' support in any proposed takeover.

Give him encouragement to persist so to speak.

If Deek goes, why does Willie Gray have to go with him?

Once Deeks gone, then the protesters will be back, season tickets/merchandise will be bought, and (hopefully) a winning team might draw in bigger crowds/more money.

And there is the possibility of a cash injection.

Can't believe the conspiracy theories, did anyone see Gray coming more than a few months ago? After DB going on record about the "players to be funded through the turnstile" stuff?

No Brown,a winning team,increased crowds,a community club,high % of season ticket holders......the list goes on.

I know which scenario i would rather have!!

That would be magic a winning team,NO BROWN,Get STEVIE NICHOLAS he is ten times better than Ritchie and ten years younger 50 times faster than you walter pidgeon,so get a grip,We have enough experience with Ally and Scott,without bringing in Paul too many old heads will cause disruption in the dressing room and on the park,we need Stevie he is fast,and can score goals,he would jump at the chance to come back to East Fife and with someone spending money they must look at a good prospect such as Stevie,Some of the players already think we have a good chance of winning the league,not just promotion,and can't wait til the season starts hopefully we can be in the ground to watch them,but only if brown has gone,I have told them that we are right behind them,on the mound and they know that we want them to win
So it is still DOWN WITH BROWN,

i wid tak stevie afore ritchie.

ps.up for a week afore t in the park,ony babysitters oot there.

Can`t we have them both!!

paul ritchie has signed