Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
is broons resignation immenent.

everything seems to have went very quiet,hopefully the obvious will happen this week.

Re: is broons resignation immenent.

There will have been a board meeting tonight, hopefully the deed is done.

Fingers crossed.

Derrick is a lame duck chairman and cannot survive.He has no support,no credibility and no future at our club.His incompetence and disdain shown to the fans means no one will shed a tear on his departure.

Was there really a board meeting tonight? Dave, you seem to know an awful lot and get a lot of information passed your way, are you able to enlighten me on what you think Derrick is planning to do or if we should expect any big announcments in the immediate future?

Dave,I will shed tears when Brown goes.....Tears of happiness.

The last thing the present board want is for the protest to continue into the new season.At the meeting on June 6th it was made clear to all present that the protest would continue until Derrick was removed,however long that took.I beleive that the board will remove him.The method and timing of his departure is in their hands but we need to keep the pressure on.
CONTINUED PROTEST IS VITAL

This maybe a stupid question, but what exactly do the board see in him. I have never come across such an inept chairman / director in my life. Didnt they give him any performance targets for last year...or was the target to half the gate receipts.

How will we ever find out if he does resign? Who's going to work the muppets, sorry, other board members to tell them to put out a press release? I suppose at least Willie Gray must have a mind of his own, so mibbes he will tell folks!!

The answer to the original question looks very like 'No'