Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Standing Orders

For those people with online banking you can set up a standing order to the Trust share fund using the following info:

Account Name: East Fife Supporters Society Ltd
Sort Code: 11-48-53
Account Number: 00 02 59 84

And with with a normal account just give these details to your bank.

Remember this money is ringfenced for investment subject to members'approval and can't be used for day to day running expenses.

Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on

Re: Standing Orders

This is a very good idea, i'll be going to the bank tomorow so i'll be sure to set mines up.

The Trust board members have set theirs up.

Watch out folks, coming soon - an attractive opportunity to raise fund for the club and be a life member of the Trust.

It's a cosmic offer! Why cosmic I hear you ask?

COZ IT'S OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!! (I'll get me coat)

Don't know if it makes a jot of difference but when I gave BOS my details to set up the order. They suggested I have a customer ref no. so Trust could identify who was paying. I just used my name as identification

Are people donating on a monthly basis and if so how much are they giving roughly? Will try and get mines into my bank tomorrow.

I am donating £10 per month. I think Stew is doing the same. However, this is not an amount that has been set, whatever you can afford is welcome!

The HBOS system asks for a reference for standing orders from their accounts, but you can just use your name and that's fine - same if you set it up on their online system

I always new you were a banker GoF

I eventually had to use the phone banking system to set mine up as the Bank of Scotland online setup didn't work.

Incidentally BoS earlier this year lost £14000 of mine for a week because somebody in a call centre didn't press the right button!

Anyone else had problems with BoS online?

My SO is now set up and hopefully lots of others will do the same.

Mine's has been running for a good few months now! Can I get a bigger pie @ the next mound assembly???????

I've set my Standing Order up.

It was really easy to set up on line, and the money is already winging its way to the sharefund

The Bank of Scotland have never in my opinion been the same since their take over by Halifax (bit like East Fife after the BROON takeover).
Their IT and record keeping systems still seem to be a shambles years after they were supposed to have combined them. Cant fault the staff in the branches but they're let down by too many blips like the one Eugene describes.
I had no end of problems when it suddenly appeared on my computer records with them that I was bankrupt despite never havinghad any debt problems at all. In the mrerging of records someone of the same name with a Halifax account's records had been put into mine.

RBoS could take them any day!

£20 a month pledged tonight.

same thing happened to me eugene. 1200 quid missing in action for three weeks.

fuckin hbos.