Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Are WC champions on display 2nite

My tip for the WC chamionship (Spain) play there bogie team tonight - if they win I think they will go all the way.

Re: Are WC champions on display 2nite

Germany is winning this WC I think.

They were superb against Equador and are playing with total confidence. Podolski's found his feet at last.

It's mad over here in Germany just now. Millions out on the streets with flags etc. This country is used to such patriotism.

I have to back Argentina for the Cup

Granted Germany have been playing well but they
haven't faced any real opposition yet.

It also pains me to say it but i think the English
are in with a shout. They've played shocking so far
but they're still in it and i'd say they are due a
decent performance.

England so far are far poorer than many teams. However, they got an incredibly easy group, and then drew the poorest side in the 2nd round. Basically, they've had a bye to the quarter-finals.

This leaves them needing just 3 wins to take the trophy and, over 3 knock-out games, anything can happen, especially with the refereeing all over the place as it is.

And now, their luck continues as they face Portugal who have key players missing.

I'm starting to fear a fluke.

I actually agree both with Mike and The Undisputed!! Engerland have played sh*t and are in the 1/4 finals against a weakened side.. can they keep on playing so badly??
Also, have finished Spain from the off, going about there business quietly, lets hope they can put 4 results on the trot and do the biz...

Also, have finished Spain from the off

That should have said ... Also, have FANCIED Spain from the off...

prepare for the worst??

I used my free £20 bet on Bet365 to back Ukraine for the World Cup, i'll get over £2000 if they do it

Brazil to win

Sticking your neck out there eh Zak? They were actually shite today and have looked anything but world champions so far. Pity Argentina play Germany in the next round as they have been the best two teams so far (with apologies to Spain maybe). 1-1 at half-time for them - will they bottle it as usual?

No

Er, yes surely. Never, ever bet on Spain - learnt that lesson years ago.

Well it's not Spain in the neck then,Thank goodness

Mike was wrong!!!!

SHOCK, HORROR!!!

Everybody (well the English anyway) keep on saying that England will turn it on eventually. Can anyone tell me the last time England 'turned' it on? I certainly can't remember when!

It's between Germany, Brazil or Argentina for me. I can't decide which one though! I suspect Germany might do it because they are on a roll by the looks of it.

Argentina will make corn beef out of the Germans Argie v Brazil final 1-3

Always makes me laugh when they say Spain are the nation who under acheive - what about the English !!!
Lets hope it continues

Mike, I hate to say "I told you so" but like i said, France would win 3-1.