Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Odds for 2006/07

Stenhousemuir 9/4
Berwick 5/2
Dumbarton 7/2
Arbroath 9/2
Elgin 8/1
Queens Park 10/1
East Fife 14/1
Albion 20/1
Montrose 25/1
East Stirling 50/1

Ladbrokes

Re: Odds for 2006/07

14/1 is a very generous price

Deff worth a punt

No bad. Worth a £20 punt I'd have thought.

bet on - the squad is shaping up really well for this season and with Blakey (I'll get u Butler) in charge I think the only team we have to be concerned with is our own :-(

Might have £50 on us

Stuck 20 quid on.

Looked at loads of other bookies and no one else had any odds up. Got a feeling that once they do and we've stuck some bets on, our odds will be nothing like 14/1.

Another example of England based bookies not doing their homework!
I'll have a slice of that Mr Lad-BROKE if you don't mind...

I have put my £30.00 on the fife,looking good,look even better if brown goes.

That looks remarkably like the league table from last season.

Montrose at 25/1 looks pretty good value. Hmm, I think a stick a tenner on us and fiver on the Gable Endies. As for Berwick at 5/2 - what a joke, they will not finish in the top four.

Where are you getting 14/1 tried odds checker and no firm acording to them have any markets marked up ?

Ladbrokes.

Just search on the site and they're there.

I tried oddschecker too and no one else seems to offer anything the now.

20 o the queens on the nose

£50 on the Fife for me and £10 on Montrose.

£10 of my hard earned student bursary goes on us winning the league!

Why Montrose? There is more chance of R*ith getting promotion than the Gable Bendies winning the league!

Tam, any chance you could put 20 quid on the Fife for me and I'll square you up when I get back later in the month. Nae betting allowed out here....

Just went online to place a bet and East Fife have been suspended from the list of the 3rd Division?? Have they just decided to pay out on us already?

Just refreshed the page and our odds have dropped to 10-1. Seems even Ladbrokes check AFTN.

Thats shit, I couldn't get a bet on online because I closed my Laddies account due to their odds usually being pathetic. I had went into the shop today but they don't even have slips in for the Scottish lower leagues.

If it drops anymore i'll hang on and get a better price on betfair or bet365.

This must have happened today as I put my bet on about 11.00 and got 14-1.

According to Ladbrokes the SPL has been decreased to only 7 teams

Must not have enogh room in the column for all the noughts.

They should just close the SPL market, you'd need to be daft to bet on it.

Bet365.com will be offering odds from 23 July.

Is it worth waiting or is it better taking Ladbrokes at 10/1 just now??

I think we'll be down at 7's or 8's soon.

But betfair and Bet365 usually give better odds than Ladbrokes anyway.

Tough call. But the more of us that put money on then I would think we'll start to drive the market down.

I think i'll wait, i'm certain that Betfair will have more to offer, because they have no fixed prices.

These odds are from Ladbrokes at 11.49am on Tuesday 4th July

Scottish Division Three 2006/2007

Odds to win title -

Stenhousemuir 9/4
Berwick 11/4
Dumbarton 7/2
Arbroath 9/2
Elgin 8/1
East Fife 10/1
Queens Park 10/1
Montrose 9/1
Albion 20/1
East Stirling 50/1

By Laddies reckoning we are gonny finish 7th equal, pile on the cash before someone tells them that Broon is goin and we have a decent squad