Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Christian Ronaldo Appreciation thread

The look on Ian Wright's face is a pleasure to see

Re: The Christian Ronaldo Appreciation thread

England were never good enough and got what they deserved - Motson, Linekar and Wright etc can crow no more - get it right up them.

SUPERB ,WELL DONE CRISTIAN.

Wance agayne we waws CHEETED eaaht of winnin the bleedin Wawd Cap awl becawse of sam Powtewgeese gezzah loyin dahn wiv iz legs apaht knowin fuwl well Rewney woowd accidentalay pewt iz bewt ahn iz gewlies an get sent awrf. Stroike a bleedin loit!!

I've always liked the diving little cheat. Getting the Scouse psycho sent off and belting home the winning pen. What a guy!

Cracking stuff.

Will shearer get anymore tv work tho - at the end he seemed to condone the possibility of Rooney lamping Ronaldo at the Man U training ground.

Think even Hansen was shocked that he said that.

Thing is England do have some cracking players, fortunately their manager is mince.

Personally at the start of the world cup wasnt fussy either way about England, but the wall to wall coverage in the lead up to this match turned me against neutrality

And I think that's the point Stewart. I've nothing much against the England players and their efforts on the pitch per se (Rooney and Beckham excepted), but it's the way the media delude themselves and then dupe the great English public into thinking they can actually win every competition that really grates. Oh, and Wrighty, Motty, Lawro...... You're right about Shrearer though - says a lot about his character.

The one and only time in my lifetime that I will cheer Liverpool players missing a penalty and a M*n Utd player scoring one!

Just back at lunch time from a brilliant two weeks cruising the Med (Sicily, Tunisia, Majorca, Barcelona, Marseilles, Genoa, Naples) followed by a few days in Sorrento (fantastic - went to Pompeii (SUPERB), around the Amalfi Coast, Capri etc. etc.).
THEN - back home - DEPRESSION . .. ...etc., THEN .. . . watched the England v Portugal game . . . . THEN watched Andy Murray knock Ruddick out of Wimbledon.
Ach . .. life's not so bad after all.
Oh, BTW, anything new at East Fife when I've been away????

Jim, hope you took some pictures of you in the black and gold for the site!

Andy Murray's win was tremendous today. He played fantastic from start to finish. Icing on the cake of a great sporting day.

I watched the England game in UK Gold (as I've done with most of the BBC coverage this world cup) but just had to turn back to see what the studio on the main BBC coverage looked like. Priceless.

Shearer's comments were unbelievable. But then, he was never the cleanest of players himself.

Rooney clearly stamped on his nuts. May or may not have been deliberate but he shouldn't be leaving his foot in there and making any stamp at all. Scummer.

Then after the game, Hansen said that England were more gentlemanly than Portugal!

Ronaldo, Ricardo, & Rooney Portugal's 3 R's. Now Brazil are out it's Portugal all the way especially as I am flying out there on the 9th of July, just in time foe the final!!

Shearer was always a thug. English and Maggie - what a combination.

It was unbelievable listening to the panel clutching at straws and trying to make Cristiano Ronaldo the scapegoat. They'll not rest till they've run him out of the country now.

Mind you, that's their best one yet - if Ronaldo hadn't winked, England would have won the World Cup.

Tossers.

Vive le Portugal!

I hope Ronaldo gets a transfer cos his life's gonne be hell if he returns to Old Trafford

Can't see Portugal getting to the final. They were pretty average to be honest and are the weakest of the four teams left. Mind you now that England's out we can enjoy the rest of the tournament and who cares who wins (well ok anyone but Italy, that would be bad for football).

Did anyone see what Ronaldo did ti Rooney even before a ball was kicked?If the ref had spotted it ,it would have been a straight red.Rooney just laughed but i think Ronaldo was serius about it.I wonder what the tv panel would have said if Ronaldo had stamped on Terry?A bet Nevelle would have been the first player on the scene complaining to the ref!!!!!

Ricardo is the hero!

Again he was immense at penalties and was good to see Frank "due a goal" miss again.

Mon The Portugal!!!

Igor that is immense, missed the game and the penalties cause I was out on my new BOAT so was good to see the penalties and dispell the viscious rumours spread about by my English workmates that Ricardo cheated and moved on each penalty, maybe he moved a little prem but check out old flat foot Robinson (easily the worst keeper in the world, worse than the Pinner Prince even)

Robinson was clearly in the box for some of them too (when he wasn't in goals)