Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"fans in football" evening

This event is purely at the ideas stage as we speak, but I just thought I’d put you in the picture.

Myself, and some of the Trust board members, are planning a “fans and football clubs” evening, which will probably be a fundraiser, meal, raffle etc with some speakers. Hopefully two of those speakers will be representatives from two English sides AFC Wimbledon and FC United of Manchester. Obviously there would be travelling expenses and accommodation to think about if we were to invite these guys up, although the benefit of publicising both our club and our recent campaign at these clubs where fans rule would be invaluable.

Both these sides are a result of a crisis in football, they are a reaction to a problem and in their case the reaction was so drastic that a split has taken place. We have been fortunate in the sense that we have not needed to take these extreme measures, but at the same time we should now look upon these clubs and their set ups as a model for the future, the success of both clubs in their short reborn lives speaks for itself.

I hope to speak with both clubs in the next few days to see if they are willing to participate and hopefully we could arrange something for early August, possibly on the evening of the first game of the season.

We would like feedback of course, all ideas and suggestions are welcome and I hope that people would take an interest in this and come along on the night.

Re: "fans in football" evening

Sounds excellent.

Both Clubs are inspirations to all.

Sounds like an amazing idea, think i am going to be going to the FC Utd/ AFC friendly this month, if its like the other FC Utd games i have been to it will be amazing.

"Under the Boardwalk
Watching FCCCCCCCCCCCeeeeeeee
There'll be no jester hats or sky TV"

"We don't care about Rio
He dont care about me
all we care about is watching FC"

Would certainly attend,Igor.

We hope that this event will be held at Bayview. I'm sure a Brown free board would welcome the fans back and welcome their business.

This will be our victory party. I would imagine that the attendance of Chicken and his wheelbarrow will be compulsory!

I would dearly love to return to a Brown free New Bayview,but from what I have been told,there is no chance of that happening at present and Derrick Brown will still be there at the start of the new season.
I really thought he would have been gone by now.

Jim

"there is no chance of that happening at present and Derrick Brown will still be there at the start of the new season."

I'm glad to say that there is every chance that DB will not be around much longer although he may not be fully away by the start of the season if by that you mean the first friendly.

I would not have spent the past two years along with many others trying to bring about change at Bayview if I thought there was "no chance"!

"Sounds like an amazing idea, think i am going to be going to the FC Utd/ AFC friendly this month, if its like the other FC Utd games i have been to it will be amazing."

Spartacus, I'll be drinking in the Swan & Cemetery pub with most of the travelling wombles before the game at the Gigg if you fancy a beer. I'm an AFC fan but have been to quite a few FCUM fames.

Won't pay Glazer, work for Sky,
Still sing City's gonna die,
two uniteds but the soul is one,
and the Busby babes will carry on.

Eugene,thanks for the reply.It has given me hope.
What I had been told was that Brown would still be in charge for the first league game of the season.

Be aware that guy`s like me are in debt to what you and the others are doing for EF.

Was watching a season review of the FCUM games on Channel M a few weeks back.

Worth watching if you see it's being repeated.