Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
No change at Bayview

It has all gone very quiet on the Brown/Gray/Collumbine/Trust front.

Anyone care to give us an honest update?

What has Collumbine actually done to advance his takeover bid?

Is the Trust offer still on the table? Is the Trust finance in place?

What is the latest empty promise from Rankine?

Are Hain and Hamilton yet again backing Brown's removal - but only privately, you'll understand.

Is Gray continuing to string along protestors with remarks about having had enough of Brown?

Is it just me, or has nothing actually changed at Bayview? Is it just me, or are the Trust & protestors & potential investors allowing themselves to be led up the garden path?

Please, don't respond by saying Brown will be gone by the weekend / end of the month / start of the season / first of October / Christmas / end of the season / 2012 Olympics.

Bruce Black was good enough to come on to this forum with an update a few weeks ago. Any more to add Bruce?

Re: No change at Bayview

What we know is:

1) that the Trust has made an application for £100K shares.

2) that columbine has put an offer to shareholders for £3 a share.

Thats all. The club has not informed supports of either bid, and it has not informed supports of any response that it may or may not have given. Neither the Trust or Columbine consortium has released any further details either.

Points 1 & 2 are all we know - anything else is speculation.

I'm anxious to hear updates too, but I think its a case of waiting to see what develops. I certainly don't think the matter has been forgotten about! I'm sure that those parties with supporters interests at heart, will give an update when there's something to report.

As shareholders, the Trust got a letter last week from Sid Collumbine informing us of his offer. This duty was supposed to be carrie dout by the board as it is their job to inform shareholders of offers of this type. Sid has had to take this action upon himself.

The offer the Trust made is still on the table and the same conditions still apply. I have nothing further to report as yet.

At the end of the day, if you think that procedures have ground to a halt, then I can assure you, they have not THEY HAVE NOT!

The only reason that we have not put anything out as yet is because there is nothing further to report. I promise that when there is something concrete, we will advise. There is no danger of any of us being led up the garden path, once bitten and all that!

dunno who Carrie Dout is

If this has already been explained I apologise. But where did the money the trust has offered come from? Is there a big name backer we would all like to know about involved or is it every trust member throwing in a grand or so?

Willie Gray is currently out of the country.

A letter is going out to trust members - in fact it may already have been received by some - encouraging us to set up a standing order to help our capital fund.

Every little helps and the money is ring-fenced - it can only be spent on projects approved by members.

If you're a trust member please respond to this letter and use the freepost service to send your SO form off- even #5.00 a month builds up.

Interesting that the Trust got a letter from Sid Collumbine telling them of his offer, I take it that not all shareholders were privi to this information at least not from the EF board.

Today I recieved a letter from a Mr David Stevenson and associates offering to purchase my shares or proxy vote and stating that the Trust will be able to gain Board representation with the 2100 shares which they have been offered.

I take it that many people will have recieved this letter today, what are their views. D Stevenson and Associates are they the Board or has he broken free and winging it with others keen to cash in on the land value.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on

I can't Walter but I would like to hear more about this. At no stage has Mr Stevenson or any associates approached the Trust. This would surely be better business practise if they are using the Trusts' name to gain support.

If anyone has any info (or indeed a copy of the letter they could email me) then please let me know. Many thanks.

Kerrianne

From what you say would I be right in assuming that the Board have not formally offered the Trust an additional 1200 shares on top of the 1000 shares purchased last year?

The transaction to purchase the shares has not yet taken place but the shares have been offered. That is all that I can report at the mo as due to holidays etc it has not yet gone through.