Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Who is David Stevenson kidding!

It seems that some shareholders have received an extraordinary letter from "David Stevenson and Associates" offering to buy all their shares in the club, singing the praises of the present Board, and pleading with shareholders not to sell out to Sid Collumbine.

What a load of insulting tosh!! Since when did David Stevenson have £650,000 to spend? And who in their right minds would do anything to keep the present regime in place?

And in any event isn't it true that our friend Derrick is of course really behind this. Will David Stevenson deny that? Those of you who know him should ask him, and so should the press (EFM please note). Dave Stevenson may not know it but he is at least the fourth person that Deek asked to put his name to it, all the others telling Derrick where he could stick his letter.

Yet another wheeze fails, Derrick. I would suggest you take up bowls to fill your idle days in future, but I understand you're not welcome there either!

Re: Who is David Stevenson kidding!

If this is true then this rat needs to be kicked out on his arse along with his friend Derrick.

Just received this letter too. It warbles on forever about how, thanks to the present Board, we're gonna sell land and get rich, and then proceeds to offer me less than I paid for the shares in the first place.

The letter purports to be from DS "and my Associates" but does not say who the Associates are.

One interesting quote - "We do believe the Supporters Trust will be able to gain Board representation with the 2100 shares which are on offer to them."

Presumably that's why the Board tried to stop the Trust from getting the shares in the first place.

If Mr Stevenson (and his Associates) are reading this, "let me tell you" that Mr Collumbine has a far better chance of getting them for three quid than you have of getting them for four.

The more I read this letter, the worse it gets. How about this one...

"If you have any suggestions for the long term benefit of our Club, which you think are worthy of the consideration of me and my associates, then please do not hesitate to let me know."

Worthy of the consideration! Patronising bastard.

Is anyone else amused at the increasing lengths DB is willing to go to try and save his blazer? If he really thought he could pull this one off then god knows what he'll try next.

Am I to read into this that it may not be taken as a serious offer? I take it there is no mention of Mr Stevenson taking over as chair and removing Brown from the board then? That baffles me somewhat as I thought there was a dispute between Mr S and Mr B.

I also wonder why the letter wasn't sent out to ALL shareholders.

You forgot to send me one of your letters,David.Just an oversight I expect.If you are trying to preserve Derrick in situ you will unleash an anger that will make last season seem tame by comparison.David,don't you understand?

Anyone care to type the letter up on here for us non-right thinking persons to see?

Keriann, In answer to...

"I take it there is no mention of Mr Stevenson taking over as chair and removing Brown from the board then?"

the letter does say, "There will be change within the Board, including the introduction of a Supporter's Trust representative" It doesn't further elaborate.

Igor - Need a better typist than me, it goes on for 2 pages. Any volunteers?

KotS

Do a one finger job like me.

Do you think this is a genuine offer or an attempt by Brown to get Columbine to up his price? If Brown is out the door anyway, I'd imagine he'd be looking to sell his shares.

Some questions:-

1. Why is Bayview Stadium given as the address on the letter?

2. Clearly Dave Stevenson has been made a mug of, but who is he fronting for (as if we didn't know)?

3.And if anyone was foolish enough to agree to sell some shares whose name would the cheque be in? Is this the few bawbees the club has in the bank being squandered in buying back shares?

4. If there is money around, why isn't is simply being invested in the club, as it seems both Collumbine and the Supporters Trust have promised?

5. Anyone reading the letter will see that DB is completely opposed to the further issue of shares that would allow the Trust and Collumbine to invest the sums of over £150,000 that have been quoted. What club in the country would turn away investment on that scale? Only those run by numbskulls only interested in their own blazers.

It would all make you puke.

Why has this offer only been targetted at a ceratin few shareholders? Is this because a major shareholder is either withholding their proxy or indeed has told Brown to F**k O**. Either way it holds no promise to anyone considering selling. Remember, Brown has manipulated and allegedly conned some shareholders including i am led to believe Stevensons sister in his dealings. So I would beware this strikes me as the last act of the dying swan (ugly duck in Deeks case)

Desperate measures from a desperate,desperate person.
Still trying to cling on to what little power he has.

Not long now Derrick.