Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Re-organisation of the Board

Heard today from a very reliable source that Willie Gray is the new Chairman of East Fife F.C. BUT WAIT FOR IT - Derrick Brown will now be Managing Director of East Fife F.C. Why doesn't he realise that he is not wanted and just because he is no longer Chairman is not going to change anything as far as fans are concerned.

Re: Re-organisation of the Board

The bit about Wille Gray will probably come true soon enough. The other bit - in your dreams Derrick!

The protests will continue then.

Managing Director.....What a Fcukin` liberty!

Ah, Willie Gray.....

Mr Stevenson writes: "The Board I currently serve on are not perfect but what I do know about them is they are all genuine East Fife supporters who care about our great club."

Will that be the same Willie Gray who was a director of Raith Rovers for 10 years? The same Willie Gray who spent £1,000 on two tickets for a Celtic match?

do the feckin idiots on the board not realise,if broon is still there in any capacity-then the protests will continue and we will still be on the mound.

Perhaps it has been re-organised because of Brown's large shareholding. I don't know for certain but it is maybe easier for them to give him another title.

Do the protests continue? I would say yes because any decision that is made that Derrick doesn't like, he will quote the 'I have the backing of the major shareholders'.

Personal opinion etc

Recent developments have been a tad disappointing and if the board think this will appease then i'm afraid they are very unaware of how the protestors and the majority of the supporters feel.
If HE is still invloved in any capacity which would include being in charge of selling crisps in the pie stall I will not be back. I suspect many other protestors may feel the same.
The bottom line is that Brown must go.

Brown has probably said "Give me another title,and when the team are winning these muppets will be back inside the ground"

WRONG,If anything this has made me even more determined to protest agaisnt the Cancer that is Derrick Brown.

So, if this is true, all the stuff some people have been posting about how Brown would be out, before the season starts, is going to be seen as just what it is .... a load of pish!

Now, because you've sat on your hands all close season, you are going to get the Doomsday scenario of Gray and his old chum Brown in charge of EFFC.

They're out-manoeuvring you at every turn. Are there no leaders among the supporters that can take this situation by the scruff of the neck?

Brown's given himself the title of everything else going, so why not.

He really must be deluded if he thinks we'll just go away with something like this, but I'd be surprised if it's even true.

Wi au they titles hes geen iz sell,weel soon bi calling um Edee Amean!!!!!!

The Mole

Curious as to what you think we could otherwise have done?

Kinda agree with the Mole. All the rumours and posts on this site regarding Brown going gave me false hope.

I disagree with the mole as not every twist and turn needs to be discussed/reported. When there is something to report it will be done. I also disagree with the one step ahead and being out manouvered.

What anyone trying to get into the club has to realise is that Deek has a water-tight proxy and shareholding. Although, as in Bruce's post, leaks are starting to appear.

As soon as Sid Collumbine became involved the focus to remove Derrick shifted slightly.No longer was it down to the protesters alone to seek his removal.However I can assure everyone that the situation was being closely monitored and that the consequence of his not being removed was made known to board members.If you read Bruce Black's update it will help.Keeping Derrick on the board in another capacity had been put to the protesters before and rejected out of hand so I doubt if there is any real substance to this rumour.

Nice to see the 'mole' offer his encouraging thoughts about what other people did during the close season. Besides hiding behind him screenname I am sure he will take the opportunity to enlighten us on his undoubtely important efforts to save our club.

To "The Mole" - what exactly have you done to further the cause of getting Brown out of our club?

He's not posted any false hope, rumour-mongering emails which turned out to be pointless.

I presume onlooker you must know the 'mole' well to have this information. I further presume you have been equally as active as the 'mole' during the summer period trying to save your club

I didn't ask what he hadn't done, and nobody has posted any "rumour-mongering emails".

This is an unofficial website. The contributions range from the few who have an insight to the many
who post opinions,wind-ups and lies. If you accept the range of information for what it is then it is "Bayview Banter". If you accept all you read as fact and convince yourself that every post is genuine information then disappointment is a certainty.

Look. My situation makes it impossible for me to get involved directly. It's just that I know all of the main characters in this saga to varying degrees including Gray, Brown, Collumbine, Rankine and Black. I can see that Collumbine and Black will be good for the club as I believe them to be honourable people but my concern now, with reference to Bruce's post on another thread this morning, is that Collumbine and Gray have been talking and appear to be looking to work together. Bruce, please tell Sid not to trust this man Gray. He is as two - faced and disingenious as they come.

Meanwhile, I'm willing to bet that Brown clings to power at least until Christmas unless the campaign to remove him is stepped up still further. That is why I show my frustration at the apparent lack of planning for the continuation of a real campaign by supporters to force him out.

Mr Mole

You answer your own question when you refer to the "apparent" lack of planning.

If someone intends to operate a strategy to achieve a particular aim it doesn't normally make sense to broadcast the details to all and sundry in advance!