Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The saga - an update

Supporters have been patient and understanding and that is appreciated. We have committed ourselves to being open, so here is a full update.

1. Sid Collumbine and the Johnston-Twigg family group have met and lawyers are looking at proposals for a formal alliance

2. Sid Collumbine has had lengthy discussions with Willie Gray about their common objectives and is confident of a good working relationship with him in the interests of the club

3. Proposals have been made to acquire the shareholding of the Brown family and there will be an offer of an appropriate settlement to Derrick Brown in order to ensure a speedy transition

4. We are in close touch with the Supporters Trust, whose involvement and proposed investment we very much welcome.

5. A meeting has been requested with the Rodger family, who are significant shareholders, but with no response so far.

The situation is complex but the aim is to have change before the new season starts. All of the above steps have been taken with this objective in mind. It has to be recognised that the current Chairman does have some support on the Board, and holds some legal proxies which are being withdrawn.

It will be better to do this quickly, and get the necessary change in the club by negotiation rather than through protracted legal processes and/or an EGM, and this is what is being worked through.

Supporters can be reassured, though, that we are effectively past the winning post. We hope that all can be finalised in the very near future but to an extent this hinges on the willingness of Mr Brown to act in the interests of the club and not stand in the way of the change that is now on the horizon.

Re: The saga - an update

I have sat and ranted to Nan for the last half hour ,asking why no one is letting the fans know what is going on.I switch on my computer and there you are ,Bruce, doing exactly that.Thank you for the update,Bruce.I am heartened.

"We hope that all can be finalised in the very near future but to an extent this hinges on the willingness of Mr Brown to act in the interests of the club"

Well, there's your major problem right there. "Broon" and "act in the interests of the club" in the same sentence.

Now if it had been "act in the interests of himself" there would be no problem.

Thank you for the update, I wish this initiative every success.

Thanks for the update Bruce.

Encouraging stuff !!

Thanks Bruce.

J.Derrick Brown do the decent thing for once and

SELL UP !!!!

Good news, lets hope it comes to fruition!!

At last some encouraging news. Let`s hope Mr Brown does the right thing for the club and not for himself.

....and I was about to blow my season ticket fund on some new underwear! Looks like it'll be the same old Ys for another year!

Thanks for the update Bruce, lets hope this can be brought to a speedy conclusion.

Ex-I_10 - you do realise that even though you will not be buying new pants, you will still have to wash the ones you have

Bruce, your statement says a lot more than the one from Sid Collumbine earlier this week and is far clearer. All very positive. I don't want to be negative, but I'm sure we are all left asking: does an "appropriate settlement to Derrick Brown" include a new role for him at the club?

Acting in the interests of the club surely means standing down as chairman, but it does not preclude him continuing in another capacity.

I am (very) open to contradiction.

At last a post which gives genuine insight, information & hope. We've been waiting all summer for this.
Just splashed out the last of my readies booking the hols but will pledge to join the millenium club if the current chairman is totally removed before the season begins.