Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Public meeting, Thursday 20th

Public meeting, Wellesley Inn, Thursday 20th at 7.30pm

Topics of discussion, protests/takeover bid, 1938 Group, Fans in Football event.

All welcome, see you there.

Re: Public meeting, Thursday 20th

Might I request a sticky

Igor

Did you get my e-mail saying yes.

Whilst I think the 1938 name holds great attraction, I am unclear as to the purpose of this group. At present we have Supporters Club, Supporters Trust, Young Fifers(or whatever they call themselves now) Protest Group and Fife Fans for the Future. I believe that is enough for the level of support we have. The formation of another group has the potential to be divisive. Sorry i can't be at the meeting to raise this point but I am on holiday. I woulds suggest a realigning of existing groups would be more productive than forming another one however well intentioned.
These are my personal opinions and do not represent other groups I have interest in

With Derrick's removal in sight I think is imperative that we,the fans,talk through the future as we see it.This process can start at this meeting if enough of us turn up.Please come

I notice the EFM had the meeting down as a Fife Fans For the Future meeting, this is not really the case it's simply an open meeting for fans to discuss current issues, not that it matters however.

As chair of the organisation I can concur with Igor this meeting has not been organised by Fife Fans For The Future. This is obviously an error in the East Fife Mail reporting. However, I would encourage as many fans as possible to attend this meeting

Martin, thanks for your comments.

The aim of this group is simply to hold monthly meetings with the board of directors, an opportunity to discuss the current affairs at the club, to put forward ideas and suggestions, constructive criticisms and to talk openly about the way forward for the club.

We want the ten supporters in the group to represent all aspects of the support, which includes reps from the groups you mentioned, all which are different in many ways.

Though I see where you are coming from I don't feel that cracking on with this plan will achieve anything less than much positivity and progress, as fans of all groups and none seek to rebuild the club that was brought to it's knees by the departing dictator.

Incidentally, a fellow supporter also nominated you to stand for election to the group

Willie Gray and Davie Hamilton will be attending the meeting tonight to give an update on the situation.