Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Adult 7-a-Side

Fife Fans for the Future Adult 7 -A -Side

Open to all(Male and Female)

Sunday 6th August 2006
1.oopm - 5.oopm
King George V Park,Leven

Maximum squad of 10
Each team will play in a mini league with the winners going into a knockout,which will include a team consisting of ex East Fife players.

Entry fee is £20 per team payable on application.
(cheques payable to Fife Fans for the Future)

Entry is first come first served and any team not included will be refunded.

For full rules and conditions contact the organisers at the number below.

01333 421639

Return completed entry forms to;
M.Wight
32, Adamson Terrace
Leven
KY8 4EL

Re: Adult 7-a-Side

The BASTARDS will make their long awaited comeback.

Some of us saw Dave Marshall in goal at the Festival of Football last week.

Stick to your day job we say!

Memory Corporation will be entering a team.
I will be providing my services as "water carrier"
All I need now are players.
Anybody interested in playing in my team?

I will not accept the overtures of players already signed by the BASTARDS.
Why? Because they will in all probability not be good enough!

Igor
Any chance of borrowing a strip?

Mike
The sight of those 11year olds running at me with a football is still giving me nightmares.

Ps. I don't have a day job.

Well in that case get yourself down to Bayview and get the pitch sorted out!

Seriously
Looks like Davie Montador is doing a good job in very difficult circumstances. Thanks Davie.

A strip? We only have one, but if it's 7asides we should have enough jerseys for the two teams (you'll need a goalie top though)

If you have jumped ship from the BASTARDS who will cut our oranges?

Subject to "conflict of interest" concerns I can work the "orange" magic for both teams.

In fact Memory Corporation can provide the oranges for all teams participating. You OK with that Davie?

Why don't you play Mike? You'd probably be better than us anyway

Dave Robertson Jnr

I know you supplied the fruit and water (at your own expense)for the East Fife playing squad before every home game.

Can you quote for the supply of oranges and water for the Adult 7 a side?

Igor

Right,that's enough,it's getting too personal.

Never mind the goalkeepers jersey, where's the big man?

Liam, now is the time to prove that the legend is based on hard facts.

The event will be a FUN and FUNDRAISNG day.All monies raised will go towards sport development in the Levenmouth and East Neuk areas.

There will be a raffle and various auctions,one of which will be the chance to be the manager of the East Fife Masters team for the day.

We are producing a programme for the event.If you want to help sponsor the day we will include you name in our programme which will be seen by the crowd in attendance.

The draw for the raffle and the trophy award ceremony will be held in MacPhails at the end of the event.This will be open to all,including those unable to attend the 7 - a -side tournament.

We will keep you informed of any further activities to be included on the day and we look forward to you joining in the fun with us.

Thanks a million for the Pie and Bovril post,Igor.

Brilliant!!!

I'd like to sponsor and put in a team to represent AFTN.

I have to be in Edinburgh for the back of 3 that day so can't make it for the whole day but will try to be there for the start to at least introduce my team to each other!

So if anyone wants to play for the AFTN team then just email me at contact@aftn.co.uk

PS: John S - I emailed you back three times but at least 2 bounced. Did you get the third one ok?

I'd like to enter a right thinking persons team, we can have me up front, Betty in goal...erm... 100 women in midfield, and the wider Levenmouth community at the back.

Does the winners get a trophy?

Incredible I was looking to come out of retirement and try and get a game in the Gof team and the day you pick for the event is the day I go on holiday!!!
Typical sno fair

As with all of these events we are looking for volunteers to help run the activities for which you will receive nothing except our eternal gratitude.

Aw shucks Dave, that would be enough for me!!!!

Good feedback on P&B so far.

Tam

In a word-Yes

Igor

VG

mike il supply oranges n w
ater if im
g
uarenteed a
game

davie, they will mistake you for the ball,

besides you sure you could afford time of work?

Mr Marshall do you intend using the entire pitch for the 7's or is it a limited area?

If its restricted to the 6 yard box I might try a comeback, oh and is there paramedics on hand

look azzy we all cannae sit on oor erse playing wi computers all day some of us have real jobs

An Olde Git

7-a-side sized pitches will be used.

You will have to find a team to play for whose tactics include someone remaining in the 6 yd box.Alternatively you could make yourself captain and do it anyway.

I thank you Mr Marshall for the information. I and another few oldies will get out the dubbin and dust down the 32'' shorts for the event, can we pay in shillings n pennies?

where do u get ur form to sign up?

Just send your team name, a contact name and phone number along with a cheque made payable to Fife Fans for the Future for £20 to:

Return completed entry forms to;
M.Wight
32, Adamson Terrace
Leven
KY8 4EL

You can phone Margaret on 01333 421639.

Davie Robertson jnr

Thanks I will let you know numbers later and square you up.

Always a place on my team for you. Not sure about Azz though. Shit stirrer!

as if i have time to (try) play football these
days anyway mike.

I did put a flyer up in the shop for it though.

p.s make davies shorts early 80's style will suit him and probably a 42" waist should ensure there nice and tight.

good luck with the event chaps

Thanks Azz
"42 inch shorts" way below the belt!

Igor, what's happening with the BASTARDS team for this event?

We are going to get beat as usual.

Should have read this thread earlier!!
Mike the legend (or myth) will stay that way I'm afraid. The temple that is my body cannot risk being injured (old war wounds etc!)
Anyway I'm on holiday then!
One day the truth shall be unearthed though mark my words! Still have the scrapbooks to prove it!

will there be beer an cider allowed?? not to play to drink. I feel our assembled team may just need a refreshment or ten, I have the smallest beer belly of them all so that should give u an indication of our fitness levels

I have a set of strips if that would help?

Fifeyboab

The Memory Corporation team would welcome a loan of the strip.

If anybody needs an OFB let me know,I will be there anyway to have a laugh,lets hope the weather is good,see you all tommorow
love zak

Does anyone know how many teams are going to be in this competition? Length of games? What teams are going to be playing?

Thanks Bob

2 strips being supplied by Fifyboab for tomorrows tournament. Great night at the Wellesley and superb buffet.

Igor
Remember! From 12 onwards and ask for Andy.