Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tonight,s Game v Kinnoull

Kinnoull Juniors 2 v East Fife 3

Team.

I.Ross
D Ross
Courts
McGowan
Doyle
Kelly
Fortune
Blackadder
Crabbe
Gordon
Martin

Subs: Jablonski,Smith,J Smart,Mitchell,Ritchie,Beveridge

Scorers: Martin,Jablonski,Ritchie.

A report will be posted tomorrow when I have gotten over the excitement of it all.

Re: Tonight,s Game v Kinnoull

C,mon Dave, eagerly awaiting your match report!

For a game played at Tulloch Park,Perth on a undulating pitch East Fife lined in a 4-4-2 formation.

Ross.I

Ross.D McGowan Doyle Courts

Fortune Blackadder Kelly Martin

Crabbe Gordon

Subs; Jablonski,Smith,Smart.J,Mitchell,Ritchie,Beveridge.

Missing from the travelling party were Smart.C,Linton,Dodds,Craig
McDonald and Hampshire remain long term injuries.

THe early stages of the game was all East Fife,
pushed on by Blackadder,Fortune and Kelly,but the nearest they came to scoring was when Crabbe smacked a free kick off the post.Crabbe and Kelly had been the victims of some heavy tackles especially from their big No5.A feature of the whole game was the number of running arguements raging between certain players and the referee.

In the 29th min East Fife had a let off when a Kinnoull player should have done better when thru' on Ross.We failed to heed the warning and a minute later Kinnoull went ahead when a pinpoint cross was headed behind our keeper.

East Fife continued to press forward,helped by Blackadder,and we were rewarded with an equaliser when aneat exchange between him,Crabbe and Martin allowed the latter to shoot home on 38 mins.

Half-time; 1-1

The second half opened with Kinnoull on top which probably prompted Baikie,just returned from holiday that day,to make a mass substitution.Jablonski,Smith,Smart.J,Mitchell and Ritchie replaced Crabbe,Ross.D,Kelly,Fortune and Martin after 55mins.

The introduction of Jablonski, along with the aerial threat posted by Smart,started to trouble the home defence and it was no surprise when they combined to allow Jablonski to volley home from 18 yds to put us 2-1 ahead on the hour mark.

At this stage of the game we were winning free kicks outside the box taken by Blackadder.This feature of his game could prove to be exciting for the Bayview faithful this season.

The last Sub of the night took place in 62mins when Gordon was replaced by Beveridge.

All evening,McGowan and Doyle had been prone to the odd mistake.One off these proved to be embarassing on 75 mins when Kinnoull were allowed an equaliser.

The team must have seen the unhappy look on Baikie's face as they set out to save their blushes.Blackadder rattled the post from 30 yds before Smart had a 30 yd drive which drifted over the bar quickly followed by a neat header.

With time running out the winner finally arrived (88 mins).Ritchie, who had minutes earlier missed a header when it should have been easier to score,finally got on the end of another Blackadder cross to score with a sharp header.

Seconds later the referee called a halt to the proceedings.We had won our first game.

The pre-season circus rolls on to the North of England this weekend.We are going to need every one of the 450 mins left in these friendlies to get us ready for Stenhousemuir on the 5th August

Re: Tonight's Game v Kinnoull

Cheers Dave

I've stuck the report up in the NEWS section of AFTN as well.

You're becoming a regular contributor now. I can see a new career beckoning for you when I go to Canuckland!!!

GOF
I think I'll make mine the shortest career ever as a match reporter.I noticed you had spent a bit of time tidying the news section up and I wanted to help to keep it up to date for you.

Durham at the weekend is all yours!!!!

Right back Davie Ross may very well have the added burden of being my "legend" in his role as a Kenny Monro look-a-like.Having the weight of cult figure placed on his shoulders could well be a responsibility too heavy to bear.