Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Boardroom changes at Bayview

Victory is just around the corner...

EAST FIFE chairman Mr Derrick Brown, who has been subjected to a campaign by a section of the club’s support determined to oust him, could be on the verge of quitting.

Suitor Sid Collumbine has been given a seat on the board after securing a sizeable stake in the third division club and he confirmed yesterday that either himself or fellow director Willie Gray would seek to become the new figurehead, with the other becoming vice chairman.

“I am in talks with Derrick Brown to buy his shares, we have made him an offer and I will be sitting down with him and Willie to talk about the future of the club,” said Mr Collumbine, who has been buying shares at £3 and has offered the Fifers a £45,000 interest free loan.

“We will be revising the board and I think that Derrick will be stepping down,”

His appointment as director was welcomed by Mr Brown, who confirmed in a brief statement that he will now enter into further discussions about the future management arrangements for the club.

Mr Collumbine’s appointment is a severe blow for director David Stevenson and his unnamed associates who last week launched a £4 a share offer and agreed to match the loan.

Added Mr Collumbine, “We have had no word from him about his offer.

“I will be speaking to Willie and we will make a further statement then.”

Mr Stevenson said he would reserve judgment on whether or not the appointment was good for East Fife until he had met Mr Collumbine.

He said his group had picked up some shares, but not enough.

“I think people had made their minds up.

“Some people also thought my associates were directors, but they’re not, they are simply ardent East Fife fans,” added Mr Stevenson.

A former Stenhousemuir director and director of football with Dumbarton FC, Mr Collumbine’s consortium launched the £500,000 bid for a stake in East Fife in May.

Insisting that it was not a hostile bid, the group announced that it made a formal unconditional bid to the East Fife board offering to buy 160,000 shares at £3 each.

Mr Brown could not be contacted for comment.

Re: Boardroom changes at Bayview

Lets hope the end of this sorry saga is in sight...

Gather this came from a newspaper but which one was it please.

Courier I think.

I see old Deek's not available for comment again as it's not news of his making!

First step in the right direction. But many more feet forward still required to remove the Brown disease.

Have to laugh at poor Stevenson though. Maybe if he'd actually stated who his mysterious associates were instead of hiding behind the cloak of anonimity then maybe he would have stood more of a chance.

Ah, who am I kidding? Would he fuck! His weak directorship, along with others, is why it's taken so long to remove the irritant.

Would love to be an attendee at the next board meeting

Definatly a victory parade and dance top of the agenda

East Fife Mail

COLLUMBINE JOINS BAYVIEW BOARD
FALKIRK businessman Sid Collumbine has been granted his wish of a seat on the East Fife board.
A brief statement on Tuesday confirmed Mr Collumbine had been appointed as a Bayview director on Monday evening.
Chairman Derrick Brown welcomed Mr Collumbine's appointment and confirmed he would now enter further discussions with him about future management arrangements for the club.
Mr Collumbine, an ex-director of football with Dumbarton and former vice-chairman at Stenhousemuir, hinted at possible changes in the boardroom and pledged an "open book" approach, with collective decision-making and directors prepared to talk to anyone wishing to help take the club forward.
"Each director will have one vote and one vote only," he said. "Matters will be discussed within the board to take the club forward as a unit. There will be no one-man crusade."
Read more in this week's East Fife Mail

do you think there is a realistic chance of brown being out by the start of the season? i'd like to have a seat this season when watching the lads.

Heres one of those old fashioned link thingys!!....

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2006/07/19/sportstory8560293t0.asp

No doubt Igor will be posting one of his new fangled super links!!

You mean like THIS?!?!

I'll be up on holiday for a fortnight in August, looks like I might not be mound bound after all!

Can't see it being long now. Anyone know how much it costs for a full page advert in the EFM?

Was it not mentioned that we should arrange to have some celebratory drink at the ground after he goes?

Once DB is no longer Chairman I like the idea of getting all the moundies together at 2.45 before the first league match (hopefully - or when he's gone) and marching back into the ground, ideally with a pipe band and a standing ovation from those already in the ground.

I think Forest Fifers idea of a full page advert is great idea. Thanking supporters for their efforts in getting rid of the despot that was Brown. But also about trying to encourage supporters, business and the community to get behind EFFC now. Lots of opportunity to create a real feel good factor now.

Nothing on the official website yet.

Maybe Deek's taken the huff and changed all the passwords......

Once the deed is done we will all have our part to play in the rebuilding of our club's reputation,so badly damaged by Derrick.If we approach the rebuild with the same honesty and strength as we conducted the protests then we will be fine.

Oh dear! If Brown goes, you will have cause for celebration, but Hissing Sid will prove to be just as bad. He's a serial fitba' director and is only interested in the blazer. Still, he's the only acceptable face for Mr Rankine who will be fully behind Sid.

give me a serial football director ahead of a serial arsehole any day

"Hissing Sid will prove to be just as bad"

That isn't possible, and even if it was it wouldn't be.

I think that we can safely assume that Sid, Bruce & Co have completely outflanked DB by saying that DB will be standing down. This is NOT what Derrick had in mind in trying to orchestrate events, but it's what is going to happen.

Dave Stevenson - he's history and can hand his blazer back now.

Superb news!

Turning out to be a good week after passing my 1st year exam and with Brown on his way out!

Feel free to buy me a "well done" pint in Durham!

You'll be too busy trying to pull

"You'll be too busy trying to pull"

Not at all, Igor! I don't need to try, you do!

Nonsense, 100 women phone me every night!

I shall supply you with a 'congratulations' lift to Durham and that's all you're getting ya tax dodger!

Oh and well done!

Have you told him he's travelling in the boot yet?

Shoosh!

It's ok I've been in a few boots in my time...

I think they should all go,If Davie Stevenson had nothing to hide why did he not say who was his associates where,I tried to speak to him last night and he ignored me,HE is just an ignorant Bastard just like Brown,and I told that to him in front of everyone in sainsburys,I will be glad if he goes along with Hamilton,Hain and Mackay Good Riddance They won't be missed.

Excellant news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Durham will be party time!!!!!!!!

Taking him on in Sainsburys. That is class. Top marks Zak. What was Stevenson buying - a pound of mince? And did he find the price of butter "insulting"?

LOOK OUT! Jim Paterson will be joining you all on Friday and Saturday!

Zak ur posh shoppin in Sainsburys me and my dinkle do our shopping at the Co-op. Saw little Paul Scholes there last night the little ginger tosser and he laughed at my ball bags. Wuv u wuv u