Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brown Wins!

From a previous thread it appears that many protestors are willing to go back if Brown is removed from the chairman's role. What happened to these glorious words I heard from most on the mound "I'll never be back until Brown is gone". It was not qualified by saying he would be acceptable in a "minor" role. Are the words now being spouted by the likes of Gray and others meaningful or will they be qualified in future. I was glad however that there are a few who are not so easily taken in.

A few points.

1. It appears that the columbine group are finding it not so easy to remove Brown and to satisfy the fans and have them come back they say it will happen in the future. If I play long enough, in the future I will win the lottery. It is just not good enough.

2. These difficulties mean that Brown has a level of support that will prevent his removal from the board. Why is he still receiving support?

3. This conflict between the factions is about money, not football. Make no mistake about that. Both sides want to grab a slice of the valuable land which the club owns. Now I Know many if not most fans would like to see the club move to a more amenable site and this may be possible if the money obtained from the sale of the land goes towards building the new stadium. But do you believe it will?

4. From what I have heard and read, Brown will stay in some capacity and retain his perks including SFA position. Thus ensuring people like him will continue to ruin Scottish football. Do you want that? If so stop the protest and start chanting "We want Brown, for he's a jolly good fellow."

5. QED BROWN WINS.

Instead of backing down we should be discussing how to intensify the campaign to force the new pretenders to take the necessary action to remove Brown instead of trying the easy way out.

Re: Brown Wins!

Couldnt agree more.

what he said!!!

After the way Brown has treated the club and its supporters if he remains at the club in any capacity the protests have failed. When you have a cancer you need to cut it out completely to regain your health. Brown the CLOWN must go.

Have ti go along wi you guys.The thought ov him laughing at the protesters still fills me with f***ing anger.I'll go with the flow however but will prob NOT buy my season ticket.If theres a split in the protest,its the mound for me.WE MUST ALL STICK TOGETHER.
I really thought that this was the end ov this "circus",but my hopes ov taking my seat for the Stenny game are vanishing with every post i read.

not been on for a while but been reading the posts and have to say (again) that I will not be back in Bayview until Brown has gone completely, if Ive to stand on the x-mound myself I will, this is what Ive said all along and Im sticking to it. Willie, Sid take note cause I dont think Im alone

I can understand the need to move things forward, and as I was unable to attend Thursdays meeting I can't really comment on what was said and what it might all mean in the long term. However I am concerned that we might be left with Derrick Brown hanging around East Fife, and I don't think we should tolerate that in any form.

People who have attended the meeting appear to be fairly convinced that he will be removed in time, and hopefully that conviction will be proved to be well founded. But as some one else has pointed out the Trust have previously been mislead by the board of East Fife and I believe we need to be cautious in what we accept from people we know relatively little about.

If Brown is to go as is being assured by Sid and Wullie, then ask them to release a press statement confirming this. The effect of doing this will show that they are serious, and would help to reassure me that everything is above board.

I want to move forward as much as anyone and get a new chairman and board in place that will work with the fans to the benefit of East Fife. Derrick Brown remains the obstacle and if he stays at the club in any capacity, it will cause division, bad feeling and eventually lead to another crisis sooner or later.

We must remain united, and Derrick must go!

I said I wouldn't be back inside Bayview until he was gone completely & I stand by that! I will be going to as many of the away games as I possibly can but won't even go on the mound for home games!!
All or nothing for me I'm afraid!!

Same opinion as lone fifer & Liam.
Didn't join protest at beginning but when I did it was until Brown was gone. No reason to change now

How can Brown have won!! He has been demoted. He will still be ridiculed at every match he attends. Surely he won't have the gall to continue attending this season's fixtures. I too said I'll never be inside Bayview 'til he's gone. I think every fan who has a " Universally Loathed " T-shirt should attend the first competetive match wearing it. If the stewards ask us to remove them or leave, we leave and return to the mound. If we're allowed to wear them Derrick's nose will be well and truly rubbed in the shit. It'll only cost £9 to humiliate the b*$*^rd

Wont step a foot back in the shrine that is new bayview as long that c*nt is there in any capacity

The 7 off us will boycot until the twat is removed from the premises full time dont even let him sell programes out side BROWN OUT NOW!

Brown out or protest continues.

When I helped form the Trust it was with the aims of supporting the club a various ways and not, at that point, simply to get rid of Brown.

As it turned out Brown's control of the club was the obstacle which prevented us achieving our stated aims.

The likely outome of recent events is that DB will no longer be a position to influence the club and so the obstacle has been removed.

Clearly some people will still regard the matter as a purely personal matter between DB and themselves. That's perfectly OK of course and if it means never setting foot in Bayview until he is gone then that is their choice but not one I'm making.

It looks very like you have just confirmed that Brown will be staying in a different role.

I think it's highly likely in the short term.

The way I look at it I can allow his presence to prevent me from supporting the club the way I want to or I can take the view that he is about to be rendered harmless so his physical presence doesn't bother me. Clearly I go for the latter.

Can I just add that if he is offered some sort of paid employment that the new Board take great care with the contract to ensure they achieve shareholder value and use a probationary period with tight KPIs.

Can we not just stick him in a wheelbarrow and deposit him in dock number one? In public.

Don't suppose you know any passing chicken who could lend a hand (or a claw!)

Maybe he will stay in the short term, but I think this will only give the new board members a headache as he will continue to seek power.

It is very difficult in any line of work to be demoted and let someone else call the shots, I don't think he will be able to handle this and it will only serve to cause the fans and the board with difficulties that they could do without.

A fresh start is needed with a positive atmosphere for the season ahead and I hope that the new directors can be strong enough to see this through.

Deek could do a lot more damage if he is not watched!

Paid employment? Are you kidding? East Fife will PAY Derrick Brown?

Why?

If he is truly acting in the best interests of East Fife, he will volunteer his skills to the club.

Then I have to ask: what skills?

Eugene,I can appreciate what you are saying,but personally I cannot see myself,after standing on the Mound from day one,going back on my principles and walking into the ground and seeing "him" sitting there enjoying his jollies.
Also,I am sure that he will try to cause as much mayhem as possible before he is eventually removed,whenever that may be.

Eugene

Probationary period? Tight KPI's!!!!

This is Wullie Gray you are talking about, man. He wouldn't even begin to understand what these terms mean.

But it sounds as if, despite the warnings and views of many, you have made your mind up that a simple change of job title for Brown, and an arrangement whereby he is paid cash (rather than in shares as he has been to date) for doing what is a voluntary job at most SFL clubs, is sufficient for you to abandon the campaign in which you have been a leading figure.

That being the case, the game is indeed a bogey and East Fife FC is the loser.

Think again.... please .... before it's too late!

There is only one answer broon out totally.
His feet should not touch the floor, get rid of him totally. DO NOT LET HIM HIDE IN THE BACKGROUND.

Cards on the table......

I have lived in the area for 25 years, but have remained an active Hibs fan throughout my time here. It's called loyalty .... or stupidity

I have, however, formed an affection for my new, local club and do occasionally take the opportunity to go along and support EF (especially when Hibs are playing one of the gruesome twosome from the west).

If you'll forgive an 'outsider' for commenting on these matters, which are crucial to the future wellbeing of your club......

I have followed this saga for months and it is patently clear that the only viable way forward is to stick with your guns until Brown has left the board of your club.

If someone (Eugene?) is able to tell me what Brown's motivation would be for remaining with the club after being demoted as chairman, I would be very interested to know.

As someone so aptly said earlier, if you have what you perceive to be a cancer, you don't relocate it to a less vital part of your body, you destroy it or die.

I greatly admire the sacrifice most of you guys are prepared to make for the future of your club. I hate missing a Hibs game and I know how you all must be hurting.

Stick with your guns and all the very best to you all.

I've previously alerted everyone to what is in the wind but it obviously bears repeating. Moley is right in saying that Deek is likely to be demoted but left on the Board meantime, partly because it is very difficult to remove a director without an EGM or AGM. Any kind of a man would just walk away of course, but then our Derrick isn't any kind of a man.

All of this could happen this week and then we'll see who the real protesters are. It is completely unnecessary for DB to be retained, since an EGM could be held within three weeks, exactly as was planned for Julian Danskin but didn't prove to be needed. Why isn't this happening, we should all ask ourselves? Answer - the new regime probably doesn't want it to look as if the supporters have won in case they face the same level of protest themselves.

The principled thing to do, and what will bring about his exit fastest, will be to stay away until he's gone completely. Failing that, make clear to Gray and Collumbine in all possible ways that unless and until they get him out they can't count on supporters backing them. Take it from me, they don't want that and they won't like it at all.

How hard is it to call an EGM? How many votes/shares do you need?

Hmmmmmm. I'm deeply worried that you guys have fallen into the trap set by Collombine and Gray.

In my view, guys like Gray and Collombine are just a lighter shade of black, or in this case, Brown. Both admit that they are not East Fife fans and for me, this in itself is a warning sign. The club will only be a vehicle for their own ambitions. And, by allowing the bold Deek to remain on the board at EF shows complete disrespect for what has been a laudable campaign the supporters have conducted.

These guys, like Brown, have no place in Scottish football, or ANY football come to that. At our place, we have the same problem with directors who clearly support another team and have a history that would disbar many fans from holding season tickets far less company directorships.

If your protest splits, and the cracks are appearing, then you will have lost the fight and the opportunity to get real change. Don't believe all the guff about 'better fighting within'; it's a myth and won't work.

Hit them hard, where it hurts most ; in the pocket. When Sons come to visit in September and if the protest is still in place, I know, myself included, fans who will join you.

Compromise at all and long term you will be the losers.

listen to this man!

I talk shit.

Naughty naughty! The post immediately above is by an "im-poster".