Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Protests Vs cyber protests

I notice that my friend The Mole has been busy this weekend conducting his cyber campaign whilst we were away

"Then, when eugene, igor, dave and kerriann return, they will get a decent indication of the CURRENT mood of the fans."

We held a public meeting and then went to Durham with around 30 fans, most if not all of these fans are protesting supporters.

Now you say that we come back here and read a few posts on the forum from people who will not reveal their identity to get a "decent indication of the CURRENT mood of the fans".

I think we, as fans, are totally aware of that.

You are sitting on the sidelines, pretending to have inside track, and offering criticism towards people who have not simply sat back and moaned about things - if that's all they had done Brown would still be in a strong position at the club.

To the best of my knowledge, if I am being told the truth, then Derrick is not in a strong position at all, and he is going to be leaving the club. If I am being lied to, and that will obviously become clear either way, then I will have something to say about that should it happen.

Nobody has a crystal ball, and being an anonymous poisonous, obnoxiously ultra-sceptic on an internet forum might have won you battles in the past, but it wont win you this one. We know we have to get Derrick Brown out of our club completely, and we will do that.

Things will become clearer early next week, when I hear of anything I will offer my opinions on it, but at the end of the day I am not in a position to tell people when and when not to spend their money.

We must be well aware that if Derrick is de-chaired and remains at the club some people will go back to Bayview, whilst some will not. This is not a solution to the problem, this is not job done. I wanted people to discuss things openly, and honestly, 99.9% of the fans have done that so far.

After all, we can’t be preaching openness and honesty unless we practice it ourselves.

So it is strange for this small, anonymous section to appear on the internet and try to cause rifts in a united movement, especially when the benefactor of this will be the man that you claim to want rid of. Feel free to continue your cyber protest though, and let those who are actually carrying out the work in real life to finish what they started.

I hope, for the clubs sake, that we get the news we want next week, which will bury this debate once and for all.

The Mole - if you want to talk to me then get in touch, I wont hold my breath.

Re: Protests Vs cyber protests

Trouble is Igor, that The Mole isn't pretending to have the inside track. He does have the inside track.

Your post makes a lot of sense, but it stumbles and falls when we hit the crux of the matter: "If I am being lied to, and that will obviously become clear either way, then I will have something to say about that should it happen."

It's a very weak position.

And that's the problem the Mole and others are highlighting. If you find you are being lied to, whatever you have to say about it just won't matter. It will be too late.

"It will be too late"

Will that be the point where I kick myself and say "DOH! I KNEW I should have been at home moaning on the internet! If only I had been, none of this would have happened" ?

Just returned from a good weekend away and the fans that were there were all in good spirits but reading a few posts it's all doom and gloom from people who just keep posting very repetitive subjects.

The aim is to get Brown out of the club and the hard work by the fans will pay off, hopefully soon. Stop the negativity and basically shitty 'indside' information posting it doesn't help our cause.

NAKED PENALTIES!!!

If the Mole/Vole is preaching ultra-scepticism then it would be usefull to note that this internet orgy has carried on whilst many of the usual posters here were at Durham, and the ones posting it have failed to identify theirselves.

If I didn't know better i'd say that these people had another agenda altogether...

But fortunatley they are not important enough to have to worry about.

Igor - you can mock others who don't share your view, but the joke will be on you if you accept all you are told as gospel then find that you have been lied to. What kind of leadership would that show? How do you re-start a protest after it has lost its momentum - which has been a great achievement - and those leading the protests have shown how easily they can be duped?

If this forum is full of doom and gloom, it's because it will take a lot more to convince supporters that whatever might happen this week is real change rather than cosmetic.

I hope I am wrong, but I would guess that by the end of this week Derrick Brown will still be an official of EFFC, the major shareholder will still be Samantha Twigg, and the person responsible for both of them will still be pulling the strings.

Igor I have a great regard for what you have done in promoting the protest movement and the hard work that has been involved. However you say that the posts are causing a rift. All that has mainly been posted is that we continue the protests as long as Brown is at the club. I thought that was what the protest was all about. Or are you now saying as long as he is not chairman then we should disband the protests?

Now it is easy for others to say that it will take sometime to sort things out and meanwhile his presence in some capacity will be required but that he will eventually go. To my mind this is a delaying tactic as I feel those who are saying he will definately be gone have not the ability to ensure this and if we accept their premise, Brown will be here for some time to come.

So how are you going to put a time limit on his removal before you recall the protest. Any disruption of the protest now will ensure that it is unlikely to be reinstated. What will happen are those that want to continue will probably just stay away. Those that in the future feel like you will that the protest should be begun again will also probably stay away saying why bother we have gone through this before. The net result will be a greater loss to the club than if the protest continues.