Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
W Gray report on AFTRN

Two points you suggest in your report GOF

1. Any who continue the protest should do so at home and not on the mound. I find this this reprehensible as the mound was used for the protest against Brown before you and also members of the trust board came along. Yet you want claim it as your own with what were the words?

2. You are also suggesting a there will be a division of the protest with you and others going back. Yet you end the report with the slogan fans united etc. Where's the sense in this.

Re: W Gray report on AFTRN

I have just read throught the report and from the outside looking in I see it as an attempt to appease all sides of the protesters both radical and not so radical(you know who you are )

The idea of season tickets being on offer later in the season could be a great idea when all and sundry could have made up their minds about the new regime, maybe another march could be planned as a Celebration instead of a protest to bring the curtain down on the Brown tenure and when all you right minded people buy your season tickets???

Just a wee idea like.

I have been on the mound since the start of the protests. I didn't just come along at a later date.

Another one

As one of the people protesting on the mound last July re the Trust shares issue and then as one of the initial 12 protesting against Brown in February I really don't see what the problem is with me asking for the mound to be kept free during the truce.

Unless you've been protesting all along with Kempy and his dog and we thought you were just watching the game for free then I apologise.

You asked for comments.

I do remember you and others mentioned being there after the first or second protest and checking my picture of the first protest of approx 12 only Igor could be seen peeping from behind a tree. thats bye the bye anyway and maybe you were on your hols. The point is that the mound has been the focus of our visible protest and should continue to be so to let those in the ground that we will not accept Brown (in this instance) and not just normal stay at home pacifists.

As a moundee I can see both sides but where an individual chooses to protest is his right (or hers). And I dunno what yer slavering about ao as gof was definitely one of the original dirty dozen at the game in January but that's not even important here.

But you are also right in saying that if people go back as encouraged and others don't then thats not showing the fans as being united and that's the big danger here.

Just read the report, and am encouraged by your enthusiasm GOF. I hope the fans can remain united whatever is decided, but for what it's worth I would be happy to suspend the protests but only if the new board issue a statement that it is their intention to remove Derrick totally from the club.

This statement would have to crystal clear, so that no other meaning can be read into it at a later date.

If Sid Collumbine and Willie Gray are prepared to put their names to such a statement, I would then feel more confident about at least suspending the protests. If however they refuse to do this, then you have to ask yourself why?

Of course it is their INTENTION to remove Brown completely and I am sure a statement would be forthcoming to that effect. Now as to whether the can carry out that INTENTION or even change their minds in the future, the INTENTION was there at the time but circumstances have changed meanwhile and we will still be stuck with Brown.

From my reading of WG's announcement DB still has the support of enough shareholders to maintain a position at the club and continue wielding influence. It is this alliance we need to attack as we have been doing for the past year. This alliance will continue and be strengthened by a discontinuance of the protest and all our past efforts will be wasted.

Is it a coincidence that Columbine is a pal of Rankine as has been indicated?

By the way has anyone sold the 2000 shares necessary for board membership to Sid at the £3 he offered or did he have to buy from the club at £4.50.

On reading all the posts lately and not making any

comment on them i feel it is now time to tell all that

after a 20 year love affiar,

i will no longer be attending Bayview or the Mound

for any half hearted protests, I'm completely

disheartened by the whole affair, Whilst i was living

down in England i used to feel great when the old

Celtic or Rangers question was asked and loved the

look on peoples faces when i replied that i had no

interest in either side and was a loyal East Fife

Fan but now i tend to steer away from footballing

questions. I no longer feel the need to drive through

to Bayview every other weekend from Glasgow, My stand

on this will obviously change when Mr Brown no longer

has any affiliation with East Fife Football Club so

from the beginning of next season i think i'll spend

my saturdays doing some overtime or maybe even start

going to support Motherwell.

Goodbye to all i met and spoke to in the latter part

of last season and hope to see you all soon when

Mr Brown has finally left the building

Craig

Your post has really saddened me.There was always the chance that some of us would become so disheartened by the whole affair that we could no longer continue to come to games.

Those of us who remain will continue to seek the changes that will see you change your mind.Let us hope that this will happen before Saturday and that we will see you at the Raith Rovers game.

We will do our best to persuade you back,Craig.

Another One - Sid has bought out several significant and well known shareholders at £3 and now has far more than he needed to join the Board. More to the point, ask yourself why no one sold to Alex Rodger - sorry, I mean Dave Stevenson! - at £4.

Re: W Gray report on AFTN

Another One - I am grateful for your (and everyone elses) comments and that was why the piece was written.

As also said earlier it was to try and suggest one compromise amongst all factions of the support.

The mound issue was always going to be a delicate matter and having slept on it I am in total agreement with you and any protests should continue on the mound if they want to as it is the most visible place to show Brown he hasn't got everything his own way.

My ideas were for only if the Board made the statement we wanted to hear. From I've been reading since this doesn't look like it may happen and as such I would not be recommending an end to the portests and going back to the ground and I certainly wouldn't be doing that myself.

This is disheartening as I thought we were about to see a light at the end of the tunnel and was looking forward to getting back to watching what's going to be a cracking team but we can't go back if it isn't clear that Brown WILL be going and it's 100% definite and within a short timeframe.

We all have to wait and see now what, if any, announcement comes out tonight or tomorrow.