Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Durham - My Top 5....

memories! (or perhaps that could be only 5, I was quite 'tired' at various points of the weekend!)

5 - Beating the others at dominoes when I had never played before. I retired from the tournament 2-1 up.

4 - Getting a tug on my shoulder from a rather large black man who suggested I would 'make lovely lady in his home' (in top 5 because looking back it was funny, I nearly sh*t myself when it happened.)

3 - Durham City AFC - the whole shooting match. The game, the social club, the reps of the club and the naked penalties!

2 - Ex/Hopes to be again soon I_10 and Igors' weekend long double act - nuff said!

1 - Taxi back from Brandon where driver asked for £2 a head (£16 total) and I_10 informed the group very loudly that they were only to pay £1 each. It worked. Fans united will never be ripped off!

What's yours then?

Re: Durham - My Top 5....

5. How well the trip turned out after a difficult departure.

4. Nan asking if I had seen her walking stick when it was hanging from her arm.

3. Keeping a clean sheet in the Durham epic.

2. The tears in Glenfifer's eyes after his cheerio speech.

1. The gratitude expressed by Durham's president when I swapped strips with him.

Dave - best clean sheet by a David Marshall since Barca v Celtic in The Nou Camp.

My worst memory was the trip home! I didney feel so good - must have eaten something.....

...other than that, I have no recollection!

It's coming back to me now -

5) Darren's rising from the dead

4) spotting Mickey Mouse in Weatherspoons

3) Igor's joke about a central scotland town

2) Not being able to hear somebody sing

1) In the 7s game, last kick of the match, rifling in a 20-yard beauty straight into the top-corner....

"1) In the 7s game, last kick of the match, rifling in a 20-yard beauty straight into the top-corner...."

Hmmm yes, into the top corner of some fella's allotment three villages away.

It reminded me of Willie Newbigging's penalty in a shoot-out at Recreation Park some years ago - that ball still passes the International Space Station every 28 days.