Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New way of thinking

Looking at this from a different perspective (exiled somewhere in Sussex) I have noted a slight division on the home match attendance issue. Without sounding like Blair surely there is a third way? To attend or not attend this is the question? Earlier posts state that it is not in new directors finiancal intrests at present to finally rid of us Brown. It is surely up to us to make them reconsider. My suggestion would be to attend on mass,( rope in friends, family, distant relatives) for the Stenhousmuir game and then boycott the next home game Arbroath. If the new directors are astute buisnessmen then they should act. For every 100 not attending the Arbroath game that would equate to £900 in lost revenue

It is surely time to show how many fans care about the club and I feel such a united action would give the protest more mussle and would send out a more positive message than just a boycott.

Keep on struggling but lets be smart

Re: New way of thinking

Ho hum, here we go again. Yet another way for people to attend the match, pay their money but pretend (to themselves - no one else will believe them) that they are somehow still protesting.

New way of thinking - I think not. A few well known names on this forum have been trying that one for some time now but really it's complete tommy rot.

Ok so it is not a new way of thinking but if you don't register to vote how can you spoil the ballot paper!
How then do you propose to give the new owners an idea of what financial rewards they can expect when Brown is jetisoned? A mass attendance followed by a boycott would show the extent of the peace dividend.

To my simple mind it makes sense but then again I have not been in trenches

what a twit you are virgin boy

good idea , wrong park , your attendance on mass idea would have a lot more impact if eastfife supporters attended another team game on mass, raith for instance , im sure then there would be bewildered interest from the media, providing they knew in advance that is.

then the current regime wouldnt even benefit from ANY income, and then the shareholders might start to think a bit more ,,,,,,,,well maybe thats a reallllly long shot.

obviously the idea that eastfife tops in the ground where the fife werent even playing is where the effect would come from,,,,,,,sorry,,,,,,just thinking out loud..........