Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What a waste of money!

My sources tell me that there is no Board meeting tonight, but tonight is when Deek is meeting his new masters to try to cut a deal with them. They are likely to agree, and then get that ratified later this week at which time the new regime will take over and D Broon will become a paid worker bee. This may just last until his first fall out with them, ie about 24 hours, but he may still get some of the club's valuable money and to call it a total bloody disgrace would be an understatement.

Re: What a waste of money!

There is no meeting with anyone tonight TT.

If that is true,you can count on me being on the Mound protesting.
What a bloody joke!

Ditto

and as I've just said in another post, having had a sleep on everything we can't go back unless our conditions are met and that has to be Brown being removed altogether and fast.

Let's face it, he's going to be a director until such time as an EGM can be called, or the next AGM, or he resigns (at which point Satan will skate to work).

As long as he is in a position where he has no say in what the club does, then that's fine by me.

Having said that, I quite fancy a "cutting off the buttons from the blazer" ceremony in the centre circle at the first home game.
And the EFFC badge can be torn off by Dave Marshall

Igor - meetings take place in all sorts of venues, especially when they're secret!

You are correct TT, thats why I said there will be nothing happening tonight.

Agree that we should wait until we hear anything concrete from within the club,but I personally am getting pretty disheartened by it all.

Hopefully over the next couple of days we will here some positive news,but somehow I doubt it.

Coming back to Leven for a holiday and really want to attend at least one game, but will not be attending, going by what I have heard so far - MOUND FOR ME!!

Before I went to Durham I sensed a lack of enthusiasm in all things East Fife.The fact that so many of us travelled there to support the team and have a good time had me thinking that my suspicions were misfounded.However,since my return that feeling has returned.When we have fans like Tam and Craig(on another thread) claiming to be disheartened then we can take it as read that they are not the only two.

If the board are reading this then be afraid, be very afraid.If you do not do what is right and do it now there will be no protesters left to return.They will be spending their money and time anywhere but Bayview.I am absolutely convinced that if you do not take the right decision and remove Derrick completely then we could end up further back than we were at the end of last season

To Willie and Sid I say that the fans realise that you are not East Fife men but will work with you 110%in order to see our club stabalised and improved with glad hearts if you do not let us down on this one.

Willie and Sid, rid our club totally of Derrick and let's get this show on the road

Dave,

Well said.

Thats why I said what I said, if Tam [lifelong supporter and pal of mine for 20 odd years] is not going, then I am sticking by him. What I think the new regime must look at is the whole shooting match - the season tickets, strips, use of bar, etc. etc. People are not going to buy any of the above while Broon is there... it could amount to a shed load of money!! Sid and Wullie - get yer fingers oot and get rid of Broon NOW!!

I had a great weekend in Durham and heard encouraging noises reagrding Derricks removal, however if that is at the expense(our expense) of giving him a salaried job then forget it.

If Derrick tries any stunts with the power of proxy votes and EGM's then just igmore him, the same as he igmored us.

Boot him out for good, it's the only way.

The mood at Durham was very upbeat and has now gone to the opposite extreme.

There are only a few men that can do anything about that. I still hope that we will get the announcement we are looking for, but maybe that's turning into blind optimism now.

We will back these men if they come up with the goods and if they don't then it's going to be a long, hard journey once again, but the determination is there and the desire is there and if we all stick together then we will win and Brown will be nothing more than a stain in our history.