Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BASTARDS squad and manager announced

For the 6th August when we will win the sevens tourney.

Pete
Sean
Dave B
Darren B
Gordon
Igor
Ewan
Doug
Andrew
James

The manager will be none other that hat-trick hero John Martin, who recently became a legend amongst the Fife faithful due to giving Derrick Brown an electric shock with one of those buzzers you put in your hand.

With the quality of player in our squad however, expectations on John are very high, and if the BASTARDS do not walk through this competition with ease he could find himself thrown on the scrapheap, along with our departing chairman

Re: BASTARDS squad and manager announced

What time's the tourney igor coz half yer squad (me, Doug and Andrew) will be returning from a drunken camping weekend that day?

no change there then, it'll bring back lots of happy memories seeing u spew on the touchline

Didn't know John did that. Quality!

Just to say from the other post, I'd be delighted for AFTN to sponsor the Bastards as the AFTN Bastards

Will pay the £20 entry fee for you.

Also have an official Bank of Scotland SPL match ball to donate for any raffle. Was thinking we could get the East Fife team to sign it - thinking ahead for a few years of our status!

Sunday 6th August 2006
1.oopm - 5.oopm
King George V Park,Leven.

GoF, we'd be very much up for that

Very much doubt we'll make that igor mate. Sorry

Ok igor will see you Saturday about it.

Don't forget you have young Lee to for your team. He was the star of the match on Saturday! Shows you how bad the rest of us were mind you

Okay, our squad is falling apart already forgot all about farmer Gillies, can you play too GoF?

Hello there, what Pete is it u are meaning. If it is me- the ex bastards keeper then i cant make it due to work. If it is another one then that is fine.

Where and when is this sevens tourney??

If it's possible i'd like to offer my services as

Goalkeeper to any team that requires one.

More info would be greatly appreciated.

No-one wanna take me up on my offer??

You can play for us Craig

Cheers Igor,

Just give me a quick email regarding all the details

and i'll be there, Just need to break it to the wife

now but it shouldn't be too bad she's working that

day.

Fife Fans for the Future Adult 7 -A -Side

Open to all(Male and Female)

Sunday 6th August 2006
1.oopm - 5.oopm
King George V Park,Leven

Maximum squad of 10
Each team will play in a mini league with the winners going into a knockout,which will include a team consisting of ex East Fife players.

Updated/depleted squad now...

Craig
Lee ?
Paul (Seans brother) ?
Sean
Dave B
Darren B
Gordon
Igor
James

I'd asked my mate if he'd fancied playing for the AFTN team I was trying to put together and he was going to, so he may be available.

Only problem is that he plays for a Fife Junior team and they're meant to have a friendly that day but he might not still be with them by then due to a fall out!

If not, he's very good and rated!

As for me, I can't as I have to be in Edinburgh for half 3 and you should know from my performance at Durham on Saturday as to my talents!

igor, will let you no re- playing for the bastards on friday if i can get a shift swap. get my number of kerriann. ta

Did you get the correct shift this time?

I'm confirming that I will be attending the event, Igor. I'll also that I will wear the no. 2 jersey and I will play sweeper in a 1-3-2 wing-back system. My tackle success rate will be 90%, my pass completion rate will be 85%, I will win no headers, I will contribute 1 assist and score zero goals. I may also have to take the throw-ins.

Have all the others (Gord-o, Camp-o, Dave-o, Darre-o, Lee-o etc) confirmed that they will be playing for my team?

My mate is able to play on Sunday Igor if you need him. Talented midfielder that is now in Junior limbo!

And ex_10 was checking his schedule (ie: seeing if the missus will let him oot).

After taking a day off from work, I can also confirm my involvement as a general defender who kicks people, wins some headers, and ventures forward every so often.

I spoke to the manager yesterday and he said he could not make it as he is taking his bird away.

Forgot all about that Gof - must have been Saturday's excitment!

I'm doubtful, so don't count me in.

Ta.

Looks like super Sean will have to take up the player manager role, John Martin obviously couldn't handle the pressure.

Craig
Lee
Paul
Sean
Dave B
Darren B
Gordon
Igor
James
"GoF's mate who is able to play on Sunday"

Paul can't play, that means there's a place up for grabs although I'm more than happy to run with 9.

I wasn't able to get our strips yesterday, but i've sorted out a replacement.

A squad of 9 seems okay for me, I reckon i've got energy reserves that should keep me going for at least 3 minutes.