Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
It must be all the way out for Derrick

It is my steadfast belief that if the present board had acted with me almost 5 months to the day then the Derrick problem would have been solved by now.Instead they chose the soft option and tried,according to them, to remove him from within.That option has brought us to the stalemate we are now in.

I expect we would have had the same difficulty in removing him 5 months ago but we would have gone through that and would be seeing the back of him by now.We would have gone through any associated further bad publicity at a time when our stock was low anyway.We are now,it would appear, to have further poor image stories eminating from Bayview .At the start of a new promising season that is the last thing we need.

It is my contention that had our present board acted correctly then we would have had an in house solution to our situation and there would have not been the opening for an outside bid from Sid Collumbine.

Having said that,however, we have reached the point where we are to have a new board.I fear that they might be about to make the same mistake as the present incumbents and not act decisively with Derrick.I can only hope that they make me eat my words,I would gladly eat the humble pie.

IT MUST BE ALL THE WAY OUT FOR DERRICK.

Re: It must be all the way out for Derrick

It's far too risky to leave JDB at Bayview in any level, from sitting in the boardroom to collecting the tumblers in the lounge.

It surprises me that so many people lack confidence in fans' ability to deal with DB.

After all only weeks ago he seemed in an impregnable position and now he's about to be removed as Chairman.

Once the little matter of his shareholding is sorted out and he is reduced to the 5000 or so which are all he actually owns he'll move on.

In the meantime beware of the temptation to amputate the probiscus in order show malice towards the visage!

Igor - he's not bloody getting my job.

Eugene

Do you mean proboscis.I'm sensitive about the size of my nose,but elephants trunk--well, I say!!!

According to my figures Derrick and Betty hold 30,000 shares between them.
Best way forward is to call an EGM in my opinion...

Dave - oops - you're quite right.

AngusF - shares can be registered in the name of someone other than the actual owner - I've done it myself.

Seems like you are all protested out Eugene - the mispent youth catching up with you? - are you sure it was your foot the horse stood on? - for it makes little sense suggest getting back to the status quo when the viper is still in the nest.

Derrick as many of us know (and some, myself included, first hand) is a vindictive and spiteful individual who tries to be dangerous when he can.

It doesn't always work but he is a disruptive influence and the danger is he will try and destroy from within. He may not have the power to do this, but when a man is down who knows how he will react?

Davie Hamilton's explanation as to why the board didn't back you then was not bought by many at the meeting when you asked your question there Dave.

I would guess that Derrick will hang about till he can find another blazer or stake his future on the hope that the real share owner will not want to go to court. If it's the latter then he's going to be in for a big shock and disappointment hopefully.

GOF wrote : "I would guess that Derrick will hang about till he can find another blazer or stake his future on the hope that the real share owner will not want to go to court. If it's the latter then he's going to be in for a big shock and disappointment hopefully."

There seems to be a clear contradiction on the Brown issue relating to the welcoming of Collombine and Gray.

If it is understood that Deek is just a 'blazer' why then have blind faith in two guys who are just as bad?

Collombine is just after a club to preside over having failed with his coup attempt at the Rock. He's not in favour of consultation, especially with supporters. He's typical of the old school director. His way or no way.

And as for Gray, well Raith fans might have a story or two to tell.

It's time for EF fans to stay united, preferably behind one voice and agitate for real, effective change.

I can't believe that any other club would want Derrick Brown associated with them, which means he will try to hang about East Fife for as long as we let him! Lets make sure that won't be long!

What's this about going to court? On what grounds could there be a legal challenge? Possibly fraudulent purchase of shares? How could this relate to this situation?

Regarding the shares in Brown's name belonging to someone else. Who would that person be? I have heard it may be Rankin but as rankine has shares reputedly in Twigg's name why then put more in Brown' name especially as the Twigg holding has increased from 24,000 to 33,000. Another name from the past mentioned that may be relevent is Danskin. Or is this a red fish.

I am just trying to get my head round all the rumours flying about. I'm sorry but a nod nod, wink wink goes over my head. You need to spell it out. We need facts to effectively fight this campaign

Another one - I think it's very difficult to know what the hell has been going on at our club.

The facts seem to change on a daily basis. It is rumoured that whoever did actually pay the money for Deeks shares has a legal agreement and that they can be removed. I don't actually know for sure.

One thing I do know is that Danskin has nothing to do with the club.

I have given up guessing and second guessing and am just trying to focus on two things. The Trusts' share purchase and the removal of Derrick Brown COMPLETELY from EFFC.

Sons fan - yes we know that these guys are not East Fife fans but the damage the other blazer/council clerk has done needs to be sorted out before it becomes irreversible. There are no other knights in shining armour so we will work with the hand we have been dealt. We will not however have blind faith - we just need to give these guys a chance to prove they are better than Deek.

We wait and live in hope.

Kerriann wrote : Sons fan - yes we know that these guys are not East Fife fans but the damage the other blazer/council clerk has done needs to be sorted out before it becomes irreversible. There are no other knights in shining armour so we will work with the hand we have been dealt. We will not however have blind faith - we just need to give these guys a chance to prove they are better than Deek."

I see your point and I can understand why you, or anyone else, would adopt that stance. I'm not condmening you, just offering a word of advice.

The old cliches are the best ; from frying pan into fire is the best one for your situation.

Also, bear in mind Deek is Rankine's place man and Collombine left our place after a failed attempt to ditch the Falkirk Fly-Man from the Rock.

It's easy for me to say of course, but what you need is someone else to help the fans on their way to achieving proper change.

White knight's in football terms don't exist anymore. If you want real change, it will have to be achieved by your own efforts, otherwise you'll all just be on the periphary with no influence.

We're getting there Sons Fan - see ya on the mound!