Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trust membership??

Just wanted to clarify something.
I was in the unfortunate position of being at the funeral,last friday, of a true gent and genuine East Fife fan Davie Miller snr. Obviously afterwards, just as Davie would have wanted, all talk turned to things that are happening with our beloved team both on and off the park and one particular thing bothered me about the trust hence this post.
A lifelong fan of years too numerous to mention has told me he is disgusted and dissapointed with the way he has been treated by the trust in that he rec'd a letter through the post recently asking him to pledge £20 per month for a lifetime membership of the trust when just a short time ago at the trusts formation he gave a considerable amount of money to become a LIFETIME(!!!) member. Now I am not trying to set the cat amongst the proverbial but how can the trust be seen to be doing the right thing when they start sending out infuriating letters like this to, (I don't think he will mind me saying!) let's say and older gent?? I am sending this on his behalf as he has no access to the net but I know from our talk that this has been bothering him for most of the summer. Please any feedback I can take to him would be appreciated. Surely this was a mistake?

Re: Trust membership??

Contact the trust direct then, instead of posting on the website fanny baws!
I know the trust would never mean to upset anyone so give them a call instead of trying to stir things up on the forum!!

Mini,
The letter was sent out to all members to encourage them to contribute regularly through a standing order.
The offer of life membership was an incentive to encourage a larger contribution. In hindsight we should have excluded life members as they have already
made a significant contribution.
Please pass on our apologies for any distress caused.
I think I know who you are referring to but if you confirm the name by emailing me at focussupport@hotmail.com I will contact him and apologise.

When are renewals due? Is it now or September?

Mini, the letters are a fundraising effort to boost the trusts finances and gain a substantial control in the club. If your friend already has a life membership then that still stands. We have not removed his membership. We have 160 members and a mail shots go out to all members.

Our contact details are readily available and I would be happy to talk to your friend. As TOC says, there was certainly no intent on our part to cause offence.

If I am reading your post correctly, does your friend think his membership does not stand? That is not the case if so. Life membership costs £100 and has done so since formation.

Please ask your friend to get in touch with us as we would rather deal with any issues like this person to person. Please pass on our apologies also.

GoF - September

The Other Chairman
Thank you for your genuine response to a post which as most people who know me, was not intended to "stir anything up" as posted by Vander(??) I will contact you in due course once I have spoken to the gentleman in question as I said to him at the time that I knew various members of the trust and am friends with most (if not all) and thought that this would just have been a misunderstanding. Again many thanks for the quick response.

With regards to Vander in response to your post thanks for your wise words of wisdom. Should you require to get involved in this matter further then come out from hiding behind your alter ego and contact me direct and I would be only to happy to discuss things with you. TWAT.

Might be appropriate at this point to pay our respects to Davie Millar's dad, who was a lifelong East Fife supporter to the end, and (correct me if I'm wrong Mini)was buried in his beloved East Fife shirt.

Kerriann

Thanks for the info thought this would be the case. Think he was just a little concerned that he was getting nothing for his original contribution and that this would turn into a yearly subscription. Will let him know he has probably just misread the letter.
( p.s. good pics from the pre season tour couldn't make it due to work commitments. Glad to see your man still proping up the walls!! 1 or 2 too many refreshments methinks haha )

Photo Jenny

Kind words. Emotional but touching as he was driven past the ground slowly one last time on the way to Scoonie.

Vander,you made a total erse of yourself with that reply.

Hang on, someone called "mini" complaining about a poster hiding behind an alter ego.......

The irony just knocks me out....... (yes I know I've got one too).

And Vander did have a point - if you have a problem with the Trust the best thing to do is to contact them direct, not moan about it on a forum.

Forest Fifer

Take it you dont know me then!!! Have been called this since I was a youngster by bosses, friends (i.e. Mr Gates, GoF etc) family infact most people who know me therefor you dont know me so if thats the case Fcuk right off as if you had bothered to read the other posts you'd have seen that all was sorted and I was not moaning about things merely pointing something out. Prob see you at the game on Sat (or the meeting before..... oh no I wont, as like Vander those will not be the names you use when you go to either, unlike myself!!!) another twat jings you ask one question and folk jump on the high horse

Well excuse me.

I still think a simple email to the Trust would have been a lot quicker, easier and less hassle.

Most of the people who went to the last game at Berwick last season will be aware of who Forest Fifer is. You'll excuse me for not being at all the games and knowing what everyone's nickname is, it's a bit difficult when you live in Nottingham.