Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bruce Black

Where are you now with your open comments. Same pish different owners. I am an active Trust member and supporter and have never been so insulted by what is happening. Your not an honest man nor are your syndicate its all been a lie. Fuck off I won't be back at Bayview and I hope you never are either

Re: Bruce Black

C`mon Bruce,you read this Forum and were surely aware of the relationship between Fans and Derrick Brown. So why on Earth has it resulted in this.

Bruce,your comments are most welcome.

Funny I was just thinking yesterday why after all his talk of openness he had no comments to recent events. I must say I did not rate him and was surprised how seemingly all and sundry seemed to accepted him at face value and welcomed his sugary comments. Will he come back and give his views as asked. To my mind he was just a front man to gain the supporter's trust for the carpetbagger. He must be sick himself though to see his backstabber being given his new postion and maybe has fallen out with the consortium

bump

I don't see the EFM and don't know what report it published. So I'm not sure just what I am being called on to support/oppose/comment on, but if someone can enlighten me I'll be happy to do so.

Have put the gist of it up now in the Brown No Way thread Bruce.

Not seen the report either but the gist is that Brown has been retained in some paid capacity at E FFC. This would not be a satisfactory outcome to the majority of fans. So instead of the club getting off in a positive manner to the start of the season, the protest will now continue. If the report indeed suggets this, then it is hardly a great start for supporters who hoped to reclaim the dignity that was once held in their club

In my lengthy post on another thread with my name (!) on 16 July I called on Derrick Brown to stand down from the Board and said that I would need to be persuaded to support anything different.

I understand fully the reasons that have led Willie Gray and Sid Collumbine - and I reiterate my view that they will bring about a very healthy new chapter in the club's history and we are all right to welcome and support them - to go down the road that has been reported in the East Fife Mail and seems now to be fairly common knowledge. And I think that the end result will be the same - Derrick Brown will leave the Board probably sooner rather than later. Maybe very soon.

My own position in this is clear. I have nothing whatever to gain from all that has been and is going on around the club and I hope that I come to this from the point of view of what is best for the club. I have been happy to advise and support Sid Collumbine in his efforts to shake up the Board and his partnership with Willie Gray to take the club forward.

But as those who know me would expect I am not in anyone's pocket and remain very much in command of my own views and opinions. And I am not persuaded that what is now being put in place is in the club's best interests. It is always best to make a clean break in these situations and it is no secret to those making the decisions that I take the view that Derrick Brown should be leaving the Board at this point for this reason and to avoid further aggravation at the club.

But some I win now, some I win later, since I do believe that the end result will be the same and it is only the means to the end that are being argued over now. Quite a change from even a few weeks ago!

Thanks for the reasoned reply Bruce. Like yourself I don't support the retention of Brown in any position. In the interest of the openess that Sid was suggesting, perhaps it would be beneficial that he is guided to make a full statement on this situation to supporters. I would further suggest, should something of this nature not be forthcoming. Then the new board has made as big a PR disaster as has only been Browns forte up until now

Bruce your views ,which I believe are honestly given seem to boil down to two points:

1. The Gray/Collumbine consortium is a good thing for the club.

2. Brown should have gone now.

I think the vast majority if not all would agree with the second. Even those that voted for him in his new postion.

On the first point I think you are wrong and I am sure others are beginning to think that way after the initial enthusiasm. They are beginning to see it an opportunistic carpetbag job on the back of Brown' bad press. Of course I may be wrong and some would say anything is better than Brown. The fact that Brown has been retained in a paid position makes me ask questions. Why?

Please no one answer because of legal reasons as I will not believe that.

WG has only recently found out just how much of a poisonous little man DB is, unfortunately SC has not yet realised the full capacity of DB's wickedness and to an extent he might be believing/half-believing some of the things that he is being told by Brown.

We know this can't last, but this is an urgent situation and we need to wake the board up on Saturday to the reality that Brown is a cancer that must be purged.

We will not stand for anything else, and I know for a fact that the protests have the full support of WG.

Make yourselves seen and heard this weekend, save your club.

I think that Bruce has probably gone as far as he can, and probably further than Sid and Willie would like! He probably can't say so publicly but my information is that DB is effectively being bought off to avoid either a messy EGM - you may think that it's all messy at present, but believe me a public mud-slinging session at an EGM would be worse - or legal action to get back from him the various shares and proxies we all know he has been holding for others (and we all know who they are).

And, incrediby enough, DB still has some backers on the Board and elsewhere, just enough to cause trouble but not now enough to give him control.

So there you have it. The hope apparently is that DB will now just walk away. Let's hope so, but we need to make sure he's left in no doubt that he should do just that.

Sorry a messy EGM is not the answer as an astute chairman could control this.

However there is not enough support to oust DB at an EGM otherwise it would be called. In other words Gray/Columbine are leaders in name only. (unless you can confirm there is a split in the Twigg/Brown ranks).

As to legal action to recover proxies, I would not think that necesary as a letter to the club/board reassigning would I think all that is necessary.

another one - another load of tosh.

Why?

there is a split in the Twigg/Brown ranks

Good to hear. Thanks for that. I hope it's true and if so there may be light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Brown definitely no longer has the Twigg support. I think Willie said this at Thursday's meeting but can't remember for certain.

The whole thing should definitely be a temporary solution and perhaps is a "buy off". The Club can still go some way to salvaging the situation though if Willie and/or Sid made a full public announcement stating that the short term plan is still to remove Derrick from the Club altogether.

That though does not seem forthcoming.

I had a debate with someone at the weekend on Derrick's merits as an administrator as they believed him to be good at that despite his other faults. Maybe he would be, but we can't allow him to settle in to see it.

And as I said in another post, what now of the lovely Leona?

Could you imagine DB being the public face of the club, i.e. the face you see whenver you go to reception?

No, neither can I.

Leona is one of the few good things about the club, if they sacked her to make way for Broon then the new chairman can GTF as well.

Maybe Willie Gray has some Polish worker lined up for the reception.