Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brown wins

I had forgot about this. So I looked it up to see what was said. It is from p29 Pants on fire post and was during my attempts to get a boycott going before the AGM:

"Don't worry though there is more to come. It may happen at the AGM and will the Trust get such a shock, but will probably happen by the start of next season. I really do hope my reading of the facts and situation is wrong on this one it really would be such a kick in the face for the fans. Let's face it I am usually wrong anyway I hear you say!"

I had in mind something like this appointment of DB in mind at the time but with the recent goings on I thought it had died a death. It seems I was wrong again and it makes me wonder who is really pulling the strings at EFFC. If you think about it DB has evaded the limelight by his removal as chairman but he is still where he wants to be ie. in charge of the admin and financial heart of the club. There he will be able to continue to shield and keep undercover the financial transactions both now and from the past. His pension seems now to be truly saved.

As to Gray/collumbine do the fans trust them now and their empty words regarding the future of EFFC? Gray probably still thiks as he said before that given a winning team, the fans will come back. Let us give the lie to that.

In recent days I have thought back and realise our situation has more twists and turns than a Hollywood movie. With double crosses, sex scandals, share dealing questions, power bids, financial opportunism, hidden shareholders, moles, directors sexploits. It's worse than Peyton Place! Too youg, too bad.

I have said all along besides Brown's attitude the real driving force behind events is money and the asset of the the ground EFFC holds. Until this asset can be secured for the benefit of the club we will have fly-by-night opportunists coming along to get a slice of the pie.

That's enough for now. What a rant.

Re: Brown wins

Brown is not winning, has not one, and will not win.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is nothing but a pessimistic cretin.

We didn’t come this far with attitudes like this, we certainly won’t finish him off anytime soon if we adopt it now.

Just looking back, that sounded like I was having a go at you personally which I wasn't, I just don't want any talk of Brown "winning" when there is no way in hell that he will.

Sorry Igor. It was the first title that came to mind . However at this time he seems to at least be in the lead. I'm glad that the euporia after last week's meeting had receded re Gray/Collumbine. Of course this just means that Brown is now heading for a bigger fall than he thought possible. Well that is my hope but to do this it is going to be dirty tactics from now on. We need the boycott to continue with renewed enthusiasm. But there needs to be steps taken behind the scenes which only shareholders and the Trust can take. I know that the Trust is trying but maybe we need a new approach.If the Trust can maintain and increase its proxies plus acquire more shares maybe we would get somewhere.

Let's not be deceived however that GRay and Collumbine are the white knights they claim to be. The stakes are high for the successful ongoing future of our club.

Igor - you really need to wake up. Brown is only a symptom of the disease. You are focussing too much on him and have missed the bigger picture.

Carpetbaggers is an apt description of the 'new' regime who have all the people skills of Idi Amin.

I'll give you a prediction. The boycott will disintegrate once the season is underway and a winning team is produced. It will disintegrate because the new directors will spin the protest as nothing more than a distraction. I hope though, that your protest does have some effect.

You need to take it to the next level.

Of course, easy for me to say, I'm not involved, but nothing fundamentally will change at EF until the root of the problem is addressed.

The appearance, from the outset at any rate, that the EF fans are not speaking as one voice, is meat and drink to the likes of Collombine and Gray, and so too for Brown.

Perhaps a re-drawing of the battle lines is what is required and a lonegr term strategy adopted.

It's clear that Sid and Willie have played the populist card and said what you wanted to hear.

Re-focus and return.

Totally agree Sons Fan.

I think a lot of us, myself included, were a little duped as to what the announcement this week was going to be exactly.

I would still have liked to have given the new board a chance from now if they'd produced the statement that they required but they haven't and until they do they can't expect to get that support back.

There is a danger though that once the team starts racking up the points some will drift away.

It's important that everyone who passionately believes in what we have been protesting for do their upmost to make sure it does not die.

Willie Gray has the "gift o the gab",simple as that.Years ago he un is sister used ti lead donkeys round the west sands in St.Andrews.Looks like hes changed it ti "assies" ,leading them roond Bayview!!!!