Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The clock is ticking!

Now that Brown has been given a paid position. This will be governed by employment law. There used to be a minimum of 2 years employment necessary for someone to oppose a sacking ( OK that was many years ago) and I know it has been reduced but I don't know what it is now and unless he is on a probationary contract it could be very difficult to dismiss him. There is also the question of minimum wage and if, say, he is only contracted for 16 hours if he works more than this he will be entitled to be paid for the extra hours. I wonder also if he as secretary will be able to claim for his SFA jaunts. It could end up being a costly execise.

In fact this additional debacle smacks to me of a deal. Mind you DB's deals are not always what they seem. Remember the Trust share issue.

The fact that Gray/Columbine and the rest of the board thought it necessary to make a deal makes me wonder what they expect to get out of it except maybe to make their life easier. But from the views expressed they have sadly misjudged and let us make them rue this disastrous decision and at the first opportunity SACK THE BOARD. Then we can get directors who are not selfseeking. Mind you even if we can achieve the sacking of the board we will be still be lumbered with Brown as a paid employee.

How have we reached this position?

EAST FIFE I WEEP FOR YOU.

Re: The clock is ticking!

Well Fife Council have a policy that states you must declare any other paid employment you have. I wonder if our Deek has declared this new paid post? I like many others believe the new board have made a big mistake in retaining Brown at our club, Also on one of the recent posts, it says that SPINELESS HAMILTON said he did not back Dave Marshall because he wanted to fight the fight from within the club, would that be the same Hamilton who I heard telling the protesters at the Cowdenbeath game to "SHUT THIER PUSSES" hardly the actions of someone fighting the fight from within. He,s A YESMAN and will back any one if he thinks it will benefit him, and doesn,t give a toss for the true supporters. BROWN & HAMILTON MUST GO! in order for our club to succeed, AMEN!!!!!!!!

Do not fear, it is easy to dismiss a new employee. It is dirt cheap as well. Make the salaried position redundant, put him on 90-day notice (or less) and then make him work out his notice. At the end of that notice period, he leaves with no pay-off. Goodbye.

Then his 'responsibilities' can be allocated elsewhere, to prove the position no longer exists.

He may declare it and it be acceptable. Also he may resign his post as he will be so busy working hard for the club he will not have time for the Council's demanding postion.

Brown's removals. Hope so but I know tribunals have recognised this loophole and it may not be that easy.

You are being too pessimistic. I see this happening every day.

Even if East Fife cocked it up, there are two further factors to consider. First of all, Brown does not have the money to burn on legal proceedings he only has a small chance of succeeding with. Secondly, even if he pursued a claim and won, his award would be a pittance because he is a part-time worker with only the very basic of employment rights.

Brown must be approaching retirement age.

Does anyone know how old he actually is ?

EFFC is his pension me thinks.