Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Deep Breaths and Staying Focussed

Two years ago the notion that Brown would have been deposed as Chairman would have been - and was - ridiculed by most people.

But an effective combination of supporters, Trust members, protestors, local and national politicians, local and national media and a variety of new financial interests meant we finally managed it.

The job is not yet complete but will be, sooner rather than later. Various pressures are being brought to bear on Brown - not all of them publicly.

This is not the time to start criticising the different groups who so far have worked together. There will be plenty of opportunity to help "guide" Sid Collumbine and Willie Gray once the new Board representatives are sorted out.

Until then badmouthing anyone, whether because they haven't achieved objectives quickly enough or because they have differing motivations for becoming involved in the club will be self-defeating.

Let's avoid emotive language, take deep breaths, keep the protest going in all its forms and we'll win.

And then we start getting East Fife FC into the shape we want.

Re: Deep Breaths and Staying Focussed

Agree Eugene - we have got Brown partially out of the way - lets make sure the new regime know that the job has to be completed - after all there is a lot of revenue going astray at the moment - BROWN OUT.

Your reasoning is good Eugene but I have to disagree in a big way. We should not keep calm. We need to show Gray and Collumbine that we are RAGING!!!!!!!

If there is anger at what has happened, let it all out. If we keep our emotions hidden, the directors will presume we have meekly accepted this fudge.

Say it loud, say it proud, say it with feeling, say it seething - BROWN OUT.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough.

I wasn't meaning we show no emotion about getting Brown out; I meant that we shouldn't allow ourselves to be distracted by our feelings about any other aspects of the situation until DB is oot.

Spot on Eugene

Thank you kind sir.

What is happening to betty,hamilton and mackay,at least Andy hain had the decency to talk at durham,hamilton was his pig ignorant self as usual.