Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Courier article

New Bayview set for new era
A NEW era appears to be on the horizon at East Fife after new director Sid Collumbine revealed details of a deal which should see current chairman Derrick Brown leave his position within the week.

Supporters staged a series of protests against Brown towards the end of last season after becoming disillusioned with the way the club was being run.

But Collumbine hopes the agreement between himself and Brown, which was reached on Monday night, will pave the way for a major change at the top at New Bayview.

Under the terms thrashed out, former Raith director Willie Gray will take over as chairman, with Collumbine, a former director of football at Dumbarton, taking over as vice-chairman.

Brown, meanwhile, will become a paid part-time treasurer and secretary at the club—an offer which has not gone down well with those supporters who are against him having any sort of role at New Bayview.

Reports that Brown has already been ousted are still premature, but Collumbine revealed that he hopes to gain the board’s complete backing for the move by Sunday or Monday at the latest.

“Until we meet with the rest of the board and put it to them, we don’t know what’s happening—it’s only my opinion and Willie’s opinion on how things are going to go,” he said.

“But I met with Derrick on Monday night and we’re drawing up an agreement that will hopefully see Willie going in as chairman and Derrick stepping down.

“I’m not a blazer man and I’m not on a glory hunt— hence the reason I’m not taking over as chairman.

“But we want to do what’s in the best interests of East Fife Football Club and make sure that there will be no individual having a free hand to do whatever they want.”

Although Brown is now expected to step down as chairman within a matter of days, many supporters remain angry that he has been offered a paid administrative position.

Collumbine has revealed he has bought a “considerable” amount of shares and pleaded with fans to get behind the club.

“While Derrick is very unpopular with some supporters, financially he has done a very good job with the club,” he commented.

“People can have their own individual feelings towards certain people, but I would say to the fans to give us a wee bit of trust and let’s back the club and take it forward.”

Collumbine’s plans are due to go before fellow directors, with an official announcement on the club’s future expected early next week.

Re: Courier article

“While Derrick is very unpopular with some supporters, financially he has done a very good job with the club,” he commented.

FFS Sid, have you any idea how many thousands of pounds have been lost because of this man, and this will continue whilst you keep him there.

Same old same old - another regime trying to treat the supporters as sheep - not interested in what supporters think or say or any of there viewpoints - only interested in taking there money at the gate - and except anything they dish out - well news for them - we are not all sheep - and better men than ewe have tried to pull the wool.

I'm with you here Igor. Collumbine's statement at best reeks of ignorance, and at worst is a deliberate lie made in the full knowledge that it will antagonise supporters.

Brown has been a financial disaster for the club. If Anglian Water had not made a huge blunder over the Bayview deal, East Fife would probably be out of business by now. If anyone seriously believes that a council assistant payroll clerk persuaded Anglian Water to write off a six-figure liability, then we have found a new species of sub-human for David Attenburgh to investigate.

Over the past three years during Derrick Brown's reign as chairman crowds have dropped by two thirds and the stadium facilities sit redundant for 99 per cent of the time. Match programme sales must be in the low double figures. There is rarely a queue at the snack bar because there is hardly a soul at the match. And the only people willing to sponsor the club are the directors and their associates.

Sid, don't treat us like idiots. You're not smart enough yourself to get away with it.

It's up to us to make sure Mr Collumbine is fully aware of the walking ineptitude and customer relations disaster that goes under the name of J Derrick Brown.

Calling Sid names is unlikely to help but why not write, email or fax the club with your own favourite Brown experiences?

Mark them FOA Mr Collumbine.

And what do we think the new secretary will do with these critical faxes and emails when they arrive at Bayview?

The only chance you have of ensuring Collumbine receives any communications is to write direct to his home address.

Mr S. Collumbine
'Jamer'
North Main Street
Carronshore
Falkirk FK2 8HL

Thank you for that - you're perfectly correct.

Watching - that would be a sackable offence if the mail was not passed on. Wouldn't it?

Not a bad idea, i have a couple of the "Derrick's crimes" leaflets left, I think i'll pop one in the post to Sid.

BTW, "Whoever", I apologise for my comment on the other thread, but I stand by the fact that I am not "way off the mark", my information is far more based in reality than the distortions offered by "The Mole" who wants to use people for his own agenda.

Good to see some sanity creeping back into the posts. Being an eternal optimist maybe the offical announcement planned for next week will bring some better news on Brown.

In the menatime we await with baited breath the next tiresome tome from you know who. Moley - christ what a bore you are - it's over to you...