Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A plee to fans going into Bayveiw on Sat

Fellow fans,it looks like Derrick has got his feet under the table...somehow.We,the protesters can only do so much.Igor un the rest ov the guys,should take alot ov credit in what they have acheved.Many ov you might think that we have wasted our time.I say that the protest has come along way in the 6 months or so.Many ov you might think its a trust share issue.I say this.For me and many other fans ,it was not about the trust share saga but about the removal ov ONE person,ONE man that has dragged this famous club down to the pits ov Scottish football.
No one knows how long Derrick will be at our club,but one things for sure.When you open the East Fife mail,in the weeks to come,look at the team photo,there won't be a "person" sitting in the front row,middle,grinning like a cheshire cat,looking totally out ov place,thinking finnishing 3rd bottom ov the lowest league is good enough for OUR famous club.
If the protest was not started ,
i think it would be the same old story.There would be no Mitchall,Blackadder,Ritchie etc,so in that aspect,hopefully YOU will be entertained better this season.
Every East Fife supporter going into the ground on Sat will know at least one protester.We're not "glory hunters".We're fans who have stood by the club through thick and thin,like yourselfs.Regullar fans,season ticket holders,shareholders.Just ordinary guys,wanting to a man to return to watch our club play,but will not until Derrick has gone for good.
Last season Jim Beavers un a few fans walked out the ground and joined us on the mound.Why not come un join us on Sat.Christ its just a freindlly,un it would show Willie,Syd un the rest ov the board that the paying custumours are just as unhappy as whats going down ,as the guys on the mound.We,the protesters, can't do it all on our own.We need a united front.Hope to see you's on Sat.