Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Letter to the board

As a shareholder I was so dismayed to read that we intended to employ Derrick Brown as our treasure/secretarythat I had to pen a letter of objection to the board.

My main point was to ask why we were proposing to employ a man whose integrity was such that he thought that organising a scam against the Sun newspaper was a legitimate way to raise money for the club.

Further to this I asked why a man whose judgement allowed him to hold back the companies accounts from Company House in order to delay the viewing of them to some people,resulting in his fellow directors receiving letters from Company House suggesting possible prosecution,wasto be given such an important position within the club.

I took the opportunity to remind the board that Derrick remained the biggest obstacle to on and off field progress at the club.

I would ask that anyone who feels that Derrick is the last man who should be filling this post then they do as I have done and tell the board as much.

Whilst down at the club the vibes I picked up there along with those from the EFM and COURIER stories reinforced my belief that at this moment in time there is no real board of directors at Bayview.We have in fact a series of factions and until these factions come together and do their blood letting,we should ignore the flood of claim and counter claim.I have been as guilty as anyone of taking part in a feeding frenzy on every piece of news posted on this site.This neeeds to stop until we know for sure what we are all hot and bothered about is in fact the board's final solution.

Even then I am sure that whatever we need to do in response to said statement will not be decided on these pages but in one of our meetings .If we get the promised statement then I would be happy to chair a meeting in our usual venue on Thursday.If we have further delay from the club then we could cancel.Hopefully this may be our last meeting outside Bayview.

Thanks for listening,folks,and feel free to disagree.

Re: Letter to the board

Good letter Dave, might pen one myself.

Another get together is a good idea too, and will give me a chance to sell some tickets for Saturday night

See my post below chaps re the opening of opportunities for the Trust.
We are going to win our club back...

Totally agree Dave we need to let board members know that Brown has to be removed - the problem is who will open the mail - and will it get to be seen by other board members - or will Brown just chuck them all in the bin?