Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Season New Beginning

I haven't posted for sometime now but i have been keeping up with proceedings.
Giant steps have been taken recently which has given me optimism for the coming season. I genuinely feared for our clubs future and had lost my passion for attending New Bayview. With the change in the board and the investment coming into the club, the future [on paper] looks bright at last. Good manager, mix of youth and experience in the squad and i am now looking forward to the new season. Oh how i wish the backroom bickering was over so we could all pay to go in and support our team. Seems there is still a lot of hatred and distrust out there. Looking from both sides i can see where the difference in where the points of view are coming from.
No one who puts a substantial amount of personal money into a business likes being told what to do regarding the running of that business. On the other hand no customer likes being short changed when paying for the service being provided. [i know in my business, customers would go elsewhere and if a member of staff was causing problems and losing custom they would be removed] With a football club, where else can we go when our hearts are in the club and that club only?
Not to rant on, i would just like to say that i was with the mound protest from the start and i will continue to support the protest until Mr Brown leaves the club. If he returns in some capacity as a volounteer, then i have no problem with that.
One other thing that i am not sure about. The land value and possible sale of the land. If for instance it was sold for the £4Mill, how is that money secured for the clubs future and is it possible for this money to be withdrawn and used in any way other than the benefit of the club???

Re: New Season New Beginning

The only part of that post I would disagree with Bob is the 'Brown returns as a volunteer' bit. He would not be welcome, even as a volunteer. Also, he would probably not return as that as there will be no control or personal gain.

I have said in another post that I will give the new board time and I sincerely hope and think that they will do the right thing.

The Broony, broony, broony, out, out, out chants didn't just mean from the chair. The protestors have not shifted the goalposts (as someone suggested) we meant out the club altogether.

Not long now folks - keep the faith!

Re: New Season New Beginning

You are right that we should not support a business when the service and attitude of its representatives are so degrading to its customers. However in this case it is important to not only not give our money but to show our displeasure by joing the protest on the mound or wherever. Let's get a good showing. Bring your partner, children, neighbour. It is only a couple of hours and could make such a difference to our club.

On the issue of the land. This is the sweetie that is attracting the flies. The club belongs to the shareholders and they have the right to dispose of its assets as they see fit. This means that if the land is sold the profits could be distributed among them. This also means that it is important that fans obtain a shareholding and/or support from other shareholders through the Trust. It is important to support the trust in this so that a large enough shareholding can be achieved to block any actions to the detriment of the club.

Until some safeguards can be put in place our club and others who have realisable assets will be in the sights of those looking to make a profit from these assets.

Is this the case at our club? I do not know you will have to make up your own mind.