Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What was the atmosphere like at the Ground/Mound

How many people turned up today to the mound??

Was there a decent attendance in the Ground??

Did the infamous Mr Brown make an appearance??

Re: What was the atmosphere like at the Ground/Mound

You'll hopefully be able to read all about it in about half an hour when I finish the match report and put the pics up!

As a brief taster...

Good attendance on a very cold mound

Poor attendance in the ground but have to say a good Rovers turnout

The return of the chicken!

Derrick Brown having to sit beside the chickenman!

The appearance of siren sounding police car and police van

The removal of Derrick officially as Chairman

2-1 defeat

... and the confirmation of Derrick's appointment as a director in addition to his part time role.

And a resolute Derrick saying to the police there's no way he's giving in.

Congratulations to the direct protestors, who did strike a raw nerve with the new board, but I'm afraid those on the Mound were just being ridiculed by the new chairman.

Expect some interesting coverage in one of the heavyweight Scottish Sundays tomorrow, by the way.

"but I'm afraid those on the Mound were just being ridiculed by the new chairman."

Myself, Dave Marshall, Kerriann and the Chicken were right next to Willie for the whole game after we'd got in to the ground and didn't notice this, but maybe we don't share your keen vision.

Or maybe it's just that we don't have a different agenda.

Cheers for the info. Do you know what one?

Just don't expect the content to be as heavyweight as the newspaper

SOS I think, GOF

Igor, you and I both know you only sat in front of Mr Gray for a part of the second half. Out of interest, did the brown staining on your nose come off with a facecloth??!!

You weren't quite as bad with Collumbine, to be fair, restricting your niceties to how the people on the mound didn't want to be there because it was cold.

However, as I say, your attempts to arse-lick your way into their favour won't work. You are just a silly wee boy to Gray and you are being ridiculed behind your back and when you are out of earshot.

And before you start attacking me again, as I said earlier, I admire your guts in taking direct action. I imagine you would be effective in similar offensives against the real enemy, if only you would get it into your head who he is.

Maybe when the property deals start to leak into the public domain, someone will point you in the right direction. We'll just have to wait and see.

You are Kenny Mackay's son

There have been a number of questions posed about you and your motives on other threads Moley boy. You would have more credibility and people would would start to take you more seriously if you started answering them. in the meantime stop the cryptic shit eh?

Thanks for the pointers Moley, I wish I had tried a similar protest to your own however, which was.... well nothing, but it's nice to talk a good game eh.

Lead by example

What, specifically, would you like me to answer Mr Reaper?

If you are asking me for pointers as to what should be done about all this, well I think we have seen by the decisions taken by the board today that the Mound protest is now ineffective in its present form. We are being ignored at best, or at worst they are just taking the piss.

Now, I think, is the time for the level-headed campaign leaders to seek to meet with Bruce Black who, whether he likes it or not, holds the key to this whole mess. He would be able to offer advice at least on the best way forward in light of today's developments.

If you are asking (again) what is my personal agenda, the answer is only to see that East Fife ends up in safe hands. At the moment, due to an obstinate refusal on the part of some people to recognise they are being duped, an unsafe pair of hands is being allowed to bed in, and it may soon be too late to do anything about that.

What are you doing then? (Didn't get an answer the first 100 times, don't expect one now)

Fuxake, igor. On each of the previous 100 occasions I have said that I will not reveal my identity. Otherwise, I will not be able to assist the more intelligent amongst the fanbase to understand what is going on. I appreciate a lot of what I say seems to be going over your head.

So I will content myself with offering my comments and suggestions, and if you don't like it, then that's just too bad.

However, while we're on Q&As, here's one or two for you:-

1) Did you ask any Raith fans today what they think of Gray? Actually you don't need to look any further than the thread re the USA flag for an answer to this one. But please answer it anyway.

2) Why would the new chairman give someone who is soon to be punted a paid employment contract?

3) How long has Willie Gray been a good friend of Derrick Brown?

4) How often did Willie Gray buy you pints at Durham?

I'm waiting...

"Otherwise, I will not be able to assist the more intelligent amongst the fanbase to understand what is going on."

You are too kind, really.

Now get off the feckin high-horse!

You may think I'm always on my high horse as you put it, but I'm fecking RIGHT what I say!!!

If you say that enough times it will be true.

still waiting igor...

nah sorry purple cat i aint the mole, im not a loser, if it was me i'd put my own name.

...and so would The Purple Cat and Igor.

Still waiting for answers igor....

PS - Logged on to pie & bovril recently? The wider Scottish football community is trying to warn us!!

I am very sorry for going to bed, when I should have been answering these very important questions of yours.

"1) Did you ask any Raith fans today what they think of Gray? Actually you don't need to look any further than the thread re the USA flag for an answer to this one. But please answer it anyway."

I know alot of Rovers fans, and I know what they think of Willie Gray.

"2) Why would the new chairman give someone who is soon to be punted a paid employment contract?"

The new chairman wasn't there when the descision was made, but as far as I know it is a "buy out" situation as opposed to a nine month legal battle. That will become clear within a couple of weeks though, and if action isn't taken the board will have big trouble on it's hands.

"3) How long has Willie Gray been a good friend of Derrick Brown?"

I haven't a clue, and I couldn't care, Brown was a friend of Danskin's was he not? They aren't what you'd call the best of friends now though, your twisted perspectives are not based in reality.

"4) How often did Willie Gray buy you pints at Durham?"

I was on bottles, and you weren't there, unless you were sitting in the social club on a laptop.

So what are your views on turning the heat up on Mackay/Stephenson? And why do you feel your position is too important for you to do anything other than post messages on an internet forum to "warn" people? Surely you would be of more use coming out in the open and using meetings, the media etc to reveal all these "secrets"?

Igor I've tried to be polite, but will you please shut the f**k up?

It is blindingly obvious that The Mole is at the heart of what is going on, and you are on the outside being fed scraps by Gray and Co to keep you quiet.

You say: "... if action isn't taken the board will have big trouble on it's hands."

As we used to say, from you and who's army? Get your head out of the clouds and your feet back on the ground. The board can do what it likes. The protestors have exercised what limited powers they have. Where is the "big trouble" coming from? You are kidding no-one.

Who are you?

Indeed, watching.

If the board can do what it likes, why should we bother at all? Lets just give up then shall we?

Igor

1. So what DO the Raith fans think of Willie Gray then? Share that with us.

2. Have you heard of telephones? And what about meetings before meetings?

3. From what I saw and heard yesterday, Brown and Gray remain bosom buddies. Don't tell me Willie has whispered to you that he's had a fall out with Derrick and you've believed him??!!

4. OK, so how many bottles did he buy you then?

Igor, don't rise to the bait of Mr Anonymous.

Let them hark on about their "inside information" as it clearly makes them feel important.

You didn't answer my question.

Agreed John, I shouldn't really be replying to this dross, boredom if nothing else but it does more harm than good.

I prefer to concentrate efforts on the organ grinders. The monkeys will be easily dealt with later.

And it's not a question of being important. It is you, igor, who is much more important in all of this than me. It's just such a pity that you are too immature to realise that.

Now answer my questions. Properly this time.

I won't say another word to you, or any of your anonymous pals.

Igor, you have put yourself forward as the figurehead of this campaign. It's a massive task to take on. It's so very easy to step forward, and much much harder to be a success as that figurehead.

The Mole is providing you with information that you would otherwise have no access to. If that information reveals that you are being led up the garden path by certain people, please treat it with concern rather than disgust. You're dealing with people who have no qualms about telling you outright lies, face to face, to use you.

If this makes you angry, try to contain that anger and keep an open mind. There is a possibility that you might be getting stiffed here. You might think that this is only a tiny possibility. But if your instinct is wrong, you are going to look very very stupid for an awful long time.

"But if your instinct is wrong, you are going to look very very stupid for an awful long time."

I totaly agree with our anonymous friend...

Igor, does look stupid did you see his dance moves in Walkabout?

If anyone wants to talk to me then they can do so in person.

Mikey, there was nothing wrong with my "dancing" (as far as I can remember)

Fair enough, igor. It's your right not to answer questions. That tactic does of course leave others to reach their own conclusions as to what these answers may have been, if you were to be truthful.

Personally I think we should turn the heat up on Mackay and Stevenson. Spineless tossers who have kept Deek at the Club for too long.

What do you feel the merits of that are Mole?

Whatever is decided needs to be properly coordinated, Moundee. As long as the target outcome is EFFC in safe hands.

Unfortunately it seems we are fresh out of coordinators at the moment, since igor's had a strop.

Mole if you're not prepared to identify yourself, than please shut up and stop boring the rest of us.

Although I clearly haven't posted under my real name either im more than willing to tell you who I am if you're at all interested. People are interested in who you are, so put up or shut up!

Why are you interested in who I am?

With respect, you (and igor who says he is bored today) would be better devoting your energies to the task in hand.

Personally, I don't give a toss who you are, by the way.

Mole

Ah I wasn't going to bite but since you like questions so much how about these. And seriously I am interested in what your responses are. Win me and others over.

- Why exactly do you clearly have it in for Willie Gray? What has he personally done to you to piss you off?

- Why are you so obsessed with what the Rovers fans think? We don't care what they think or what "warnings" they give us.

- Does a man not deserve to be given a second chance?

- Why would a man put so much of his money into bringing in new players? Bet it's all a smokescreen eh?

- Who gives a fuck if he sells the ground and land for houses? It's a soulless stadium and a move to anywhere else can be no worse than what we currently have.

- For someone to 'know' so much as you claim you must have been sitting pretty darn close to Igor yesterday and involved in decision making at the Club. That really does limit it down to who you may be. Why should we trust the intentions of any such person?

Mole,

You're keen to advise others on what they should or should not be doing.

Can I give you some advice?

Stop being a prick, and start helping the cause.

You seem to reval in knowing something that others may not. And your digs regarding people's naivety and intellegence offer nothing. If you want to help, and gain yourself some credability, please stop the belittling remarks and instead focus on finding a solution.

I'm intrested to hear what you have to say, but it makes difficult reading when you wrap it up with your self-indulgent tosh.

HTML Dog logo

I wonder if Mr Mole might be Jimmy Stewart, once respected "Associate Director", whose continued action in sitting amongst these incompetents, as his beloved East Fife goes from one crisis to the next has always puzzled me.

Nah Ritchie, it isn't.

HTML Dog logo

Is this some people still trying to guess who I am?

Sheesh, I give in!!!

OK, I'll give you a couple of clues, just little ones mind you.

1. My knowledge of WG doesn't stem from football but another part of his life.

2. WG knows me by name but not what I look like.

3. And a third one, I've been watching the Fife for longer than igor has been alive.

Maybe now you'll understand my need for anonymity and will concentrate on the job in hand.

The Mole

What has been your contribution so far in the protests?
Were you at the meeting at the Wellesley yesterday?

I have been on the Mound last season but confess to being in the ground yesterday. And no, I did not have time to get to the meeting before the game.

COVER YOUR TRACKS

You want to introduce yourself pal in that case. We need to be working together not openly criticising each other on a messageboard....

He won't be doing that in a hurry Angus, he said he was on the mound last season yet he heard me talk to Sid yesterday, the only person near me at that point who was on the mound last season was Dave Marshall, and Dave sure as hell isn't the mole.

He is an imposter, and he's started to trip himself up with his lies and mis-information.

What ARE you on about WOOPS?

John Drysdale - Raith Rovers Commercial manager.

Even to your supporters as well as doubters, that last post needs a response Mr Mole ?

If this is yet another wild guess about my identity, it's total pish (again!!)

For the love of God, there's 54,999,997 other people in the UK I could be, so I suppose somebody will eventually get it right.

No more clues as to my identity today. I gave 3 good ones at least yesterday.

I've decided I will contact Dave Marshall soon (but not yet) as he has promised anonymity and I know him of old and can trust him.

As for the rest of you, just concentrate on the task in hand. PLEASE.

Mole yer an erse

We seem to be getting Broony to stay away even if it was just for one game. Much nicer atmosphere without him. Let's hope it continues.

Noticed after the game that Mackay was picking up the traffic cones outside. We have found a use for him at long last

someone has to do it, you aint exactly gonna go and pay someone to bring in afew traffic cones

As an employee of the club - the board should insist that he attends ALL games. Should've been written into his 3 year contract surely!

Hi Graeme

Nice to hear from you.

Your father is a pathetic, spineless embarrassment of a man. If he was run over by a fish van tomorrow, not even Derrick Brown would miss him.

Keep in touch.

No need for that...

The Mole is right. Gray and Collumbine cannot be trusted. These are mercenaries who have drifted from lower league club to lower league club, they have no loyalty to anyone but themselves.

They have looked at East Fife and thought about what they can get out of the club for themselves.

What East Fife need is a rich, local man who is an East Fife fan, sadly, I don't know of any apart from the one that was kicked out in shame a few years back.

Well we haven't got a rich etc etc.

What is the problem some folk have dealing with the realpolitik of the situation?

OK so Gray and Collumbine are following their own interests. So what as long as these coincide sufficently with ours? I certainly prefer a board which is willing to involve the Trust and others to one which won't.

And I certainly welcome one which is willing to accept a Trust representative as a member of EFFC board, especially when that puts that member in a position to deal with Brown as an employee.

If WG and SC prove to be untrustworthy then we can respond to that but I'm willing to give them a chance to prove themselves.

Rogered
I believe tht poster Graeme Mackay is not the son of Kenny, although the name is the same. In a previous post he indicated this and the fact his father had died.
Please be more careful with your put downs.

good story

Graeme and Rogered
Apologies,My mistake the Graeme Mckay whose father had died posted as Frosty on 26 March.