Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
3 year contract for Derrick

That is exactly what Derrick,Betty ,Kenny,D.Stevenson and Sid voted for this lunchtime.

The timing is not exact to the minute.A board meeting was due at 12.30.Derrick phones Willie, Davie H and Andy and brings it forward to 11.30,a time they cannot make.When they do arrive they are welcomed by the news that Derrick is now the Secretary/treasurer on a 3 year contract,reviewable after 6 months I believe.To say that they were dumbstruck is putting it midly.

Derrick Brown is the man who some of our Shareholders and fans find acceptable.Surely not after this.I will never rest till I see him gone,a fact I informed him of as he smirked his way out of the lounge after the game.
I found out about the gist of the above before the game.I was so angry that I returned to the stadium to ask questions of the guilty parties to be accompanied by Igor ,Kerriann,Chicken and GOF.

Soon after Derrick's daughter joined us the police arrived big time to lead Derrick away.This was followed at intervals by the chicken(Angusfifer), Igor and myself.Apparently we were contravening health and safety regs,given a dressing down,and told to go and sit down.Apparently,we had committed an offence when we presented Greig with the Trust POTY trophy at half time.

Ladies and gentleman,the board is in turmoil,the club is in turmoil.If we as fans don't stand up and be counted then we will fiddle as East Fife burns.

Re: 3 year contract for Derrick

Aboslute bloody disgrace! Yet again members of the board are being shown up as spineless tossers that they are!

We know that you read this and you should be ashamed of yourselves! We will not rest until you are ALL gone! We will reclaim our club! Remember what goes around comes around.. your time will come!

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Surely time for an EGM.

it's an absolute outrage.

Derrick's obviously wanting to try and piss Willie off as much as he can, which I'm sure he's doing. Willie doesn't need the hassle and will consider walking away if gets pissed about.

I really don't know how Kenny Mackay can sleep at night either.

Least Deek can't call the shots for meetings any more.

Pressure to force an EGM must be top of our agenda now.

The whole police episode was farcical.

If they want to start looking at health and safety issues then maybe they should look at the fact that every mesh gate was padlocked so if there was a fire that required people to leave quickly by their nearest exit they couldn't.

Sad times at the moment which is why we must keep the pressure on Brown till he goes and I think some home truths should be told to Sid Collumbine about exactly what Derrick is like.

This is fucking incredible, Derrick Brown must be made out of stone. Any MAN with one shread of dignity would resign and allow the fans the chance to rebuild the club he has ruined.

This can't be tolerated, we must remain united, we must get rid of Brown, we must win! For the sake of East Fife and football in general Derrick Brown and anyone like him must be hounded out.

Lets do everything we can to get rid off this twat, lets inform the press of everything going on at our club. Give him nowhere to hide, expose his every indiscretion and inadequacy.

I'm bloody annoyed! BROONY BROONY BROONY OUT OUT OUT!!!!!

How is this cretin so revered? How does he get away with it? What hold does this man have over other people? Looks like another season of not watching the team I've supported for 40 years. Sid, Willie wake up for fuck's sake. I hate football.

And yet there are still people out there who refuse to believe that Derrick Brown puts himself before East Fife.

I don't know what's more pitiful - Brown's pathetic conduct, or the flat earth society who can see no wrong. Poor f*ckers, every one of them.

Whats the relationship between Collombine and Stevenson after their media slagging match?

It's clear that this lackey Stevenson was pulled back into the fray by the weirdo Rodgers and Derrick Brown in an attempt to prop up the old, crumbling order.

Does Collumbine have the balls to do anything about it though? I hope so.

Not quite, Dave. The contract for Derrick was Willie's idea, whether he was at the whole of the meeting or not. This is the crucial point.

Collumbine's early departure just after half time is, however, a sign that things are not going smoothly.

What you will now find happening is the Gray - Brown axis growing in strength and the strong possibility of Collumbine being sidelined in terms of decision making.

Makes no sence, Gray only has 2000 shares does he not? Collumbine has alot more, and the support of Rankine/Twigg?

Mr Mole,once again you are talking absolute nonsense.I know for a fact the reason Sid Columbine left early and it is certainly not for any of the reasons that you may suggest.
My feelings are is that you have a major axe to grind with Willie Gray and will go to ficticious lengths to prove this.

Finally Mole your real reasons are coming to the fore. You have serious problems with Willie Gray.

So you are either a Rovers fan with an axe to grind or something to do with the Brown/Stevenson/Rodgers bid.

Willie Gray's dislike of Brown of late is well known.

Gray wants Brown out. Simple fact. Talk to the guy and you'd know that he's seething at what Brown has been up to of late.

Brown wanted to be Managing Director or Chief executive. Gray said no way. Thus we have what we have today.

Gray and Collumbine are both strong but need all of our backing to see this through to the end.

Brown Out Now.

Eh mr Mole,i spoke to Syd today as he was leaving the car park.He told me his reason for leaving,which he apoligised for,and we had a wee chat about the situation.I also told him a few facts about Derrick,and make NO MISTAKE,i don't think he'll get "pissed about" by this man.Your right about one thing however.The quiker he gets his own team in,the faster we get rid ov Broon.I won't go onto say what was said, but i told a few ov the guys on the mound.He fully understands why we are protesting but said "Rome was not built in a day".Also mr Mole,could you ask Syd to send someone round to the mound with one ov his cigars for me.It would save me lighting up a rolly every ten mins or so.Tell um i'll leave 20p on the bonnet o iz 4x4.Cheers!!!!!

For the Directors, Volunteers of East Fife Football Club... For every minute of your time that you give to the club do you know what damage you are doing, you may be cutting the grass, using a paint brush, cleaning the boots, pulling the pints are you helping/ No you are only boosting Derick and Betty Browns wee kingdom, do they treat you as equals, I think not the longer you help them the worse mess the club will fall to. Take a long look in the mirror, do you like what you see? Do the right thing and as you walk out the door pick up your pride you are as good as them.... NO BETTER.

I dont post here very often, but I would just like the directors of East Fife to know that I will not be back at Bayview while DB has a place there.
I appreciate that removing him perhaps isn't so easy, but it's surely easier than trying to lure back 800+ pissed off humiliated loyal fans who are the club's bread and butter.

Everyone should send an e-mail to the club to show there feelings.

Enough is enough. The three year contract for BROON does it for me. I will never be back. Well done Derrick another fan and season ticket LOST for ever.

BYE BYE.

Sorry to hear that, I really am.

Of course the major part of the problem now is not that Derrick accepted a contract but that he was offered one in the first place.

Surely everyone must see that now. This person will not be the only one to walk away.

I'm sorry to hear that as well.

I fully understand it but it does play into Derrick's hands. It's in his interests to try and suggest that we'll protest no matter what and to try and split the current Board to weasel his way back in favour.

The more he can dig in and show that the Club is losing money with him still around then the bigger chance of a bigger pay out he might wangle.

If he doesn't get a payout he'll still be happy getting paid for doing a job he knows everyone resents him doing.

Tough situation.

What we really have to do now is to try and force an EGM and to wholly convince Sid Collumbine what a liability Derrick is to the Club.

Willie Gray's convinced already. It's Sid we have to work on.

The way i see it is that the protests shall and should continue untill Brown is removed from EFFC for good. That was the initial demand made by boycotters and therefore there is no shifting the goalposts on our behalf. I also think its important that those who are in dialogue with the new Chair and Vice Chair continue to remind them that all they have to do to get us back is to remove Brown. I personally am willing to and wanting to give the new regiem a chance and there is no ill feeling.

As Malcolm X said 'define yourself or be definded by others' in our case it has to be 'define ourselves or be defined by Brown'. We can do nothing more than that.

Spartacus - I did just that yesterday. Sid asked for us to try and get everyone back in the ground. I told him that we will protest whilst he and the board get on with what they need to do to ensure Brown's departure. Both Willie and Sid know that that is what it will take to get us back in.

I believe that they will work towards this goal and I will back them as a board fully once the deed is done. They are fully aware of what they have to do and the protestors need to stand united in what we are doing. We will win.

On a lighter note, Gray suggested that he would get a temporary stand built for us on the mound. I requested a pie stall too and that we would pay to sit in said stand and he'd get the money handed over when our club is Brown free!

FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED

Well at least he has a sense of humour, I just hope it isn't at our expense. I have never stood on the mound, and have chosen just to stay away up till now. Not because I don't back the fans 100%, but I'm less than enthusiastic about driving 70 miles to not attend the match!

Looks like I'm wasting my time getting through to you guys, so I'll just let you get on with it for a while. Good luck to the sensible ones.

WOOHOO

GOF do you realise what you are saying?

A fan says that he won't be back because Brown has been given a job. With more than a little justification, he refuses to give East Fife any more money because it will help to pay Brown's wages.

How in the devil's name does this "play into Derrick's hands"?

Then you say: "The more he can dig in and show that the Club is losing money with him still around then the bigger chance of a bigger pay out he might wangle."

Please, have a lie down. You've been thinking about this so much that you have lost all sense of logic.

If someone starts to argue that his very presence is losing the club business, sack him. If he was stupid enough to try to claim unfair dismissal, then present to his lawyers his own statement that he damaged the business just by being there. Claim withdrawn, cancer removed, free of charge.

LEAVING US SO SOON MR.MOLE???

Nah, not leaving yet, WOOPS. There are some sensible people around I'd like to support in achieving a suitable result for our club. People that see the sense in what I am saying.

Just signalling that I grow bored with all the childishness of certain posters and I don't intend to waste more time on this if I am farting against thunder.

Fuck that's us told then.

Can someone tell me what authority Derrick had to bring this meeting with the Board forward?

He was the chairman at that point.

The Mole

I spent many years in the Royal Navy.During this time I learned that no matter how many differences of opinion we had with one another my shipmates knew that in times of conflict we all depended on each other.At no time ever did that not happen.

I have carried this experience with me throughout my life and that is why I hope that you can help us through the battle to remove the wickedness that is Derrick Brown.

You are obviously fustrated by the seeming failure of some of the protesters to join you in your condemnation of Sid Collumbine and Willie Gray.You do not understand why they treat you warnings so lightly.Society has moved on in recent years but some basic human instincts remain.One of those is to judge people as you find them and that is what will happen with the new Chair and Vice.Meetings will take place at which opinions will be formed and acted upon.If we are found to have been wrong in not heeding your warnings then we will have learned another of life's lessons and will do whatever is required to sort it.My personal opinion is that we should give Sid and Willie a chance as ,quite frankly,we hardly have a multitude of options.The biggest problem continues to be Derrick Brown,both on and off the field.

If you would like to e-mail and tell me who you are we can have a chat and I promise no one will ever know who you are from me.

As well as chairman he was also the secretary.It is the secretary,s duty to convene board meetings.If the chair is not present then the assembled directors can appoint someone to chair the meeting,providing a quorum is present.

Agree with much of what you say, Dave. We do know each other already, but best keep our distance for now.

If you can get this campaign back on track I will contact you at that point and renew old acquaintances.

As I seem to be causing more harm than good, I'll be taking a back seat for a while to let you concentrate on what needs doing.

Yeah Watching, just re-read it and that was a bit of a nonsensical ramble! I blame the heat!

What I was really trying to put across is that Derrick wants to see Willie and Sid fail or pissed off enough to walk away then he can waltz straight back in.

I totally understand people giving up on the club as the position looks so difficult just now as Deek seems entrenched. But we have come a long way in a year, six months really, and we can't give up and let this horrible little man win. We will remove him and continuing witholding money to the Club is one of the ways we can do this, as is forcing an EGM.

One last push and we can remove him, reclaim our club and start enjoying the football again I hope.

It was an odd post from you GOF! You usually make total sense. I am glad to hear that normal service is resumed.

Dave
It was great to see you at the Ladies tournament yesterday. Sorry we didn't have much time to talk.

Let's try to get things in perspective. We have not had much contact with the new board but are prepared to give them every chance and we all know how good DB is at manipulating for his own ends.

Is it not likely that DB wrote his own 3 year contract and then fixed the last old board meeting so his cronies were in the majority?

How much more will EFFC have to take before the shareholders call an EGM to deal with this man?

The Ladies Summer 7s was a huge success at Kirkland High School but this is just the kind of event that SHOULD be held at Bayview Stadium. This will not happen while DB is still there.

Stick to your principle, Ladies. You will see him off, hopefully sooner rather than later. If you were to compromise now the fight would be lost. The new regime have already been given a chance, and have failed to act on the club's fundamental problem.

What a disgrace that a team in the name of East Fife is treated so appallingly by an official of the club - a team that would be welcomed by any other person acting in the name and best interests of East Fife.

Why is this scumbag allowed to continue at East Fife? Why are those with the power to remove him now choosing to REWARD the source off all trouble at Bayview with a job and a salary?

"Why is this scumbag allowed to continue at East Fife? Why are those with the power to remove him now choosing to REWARD the source off all trouble at Bayview with a job and a salary?"

Hits the nail on the head.

WHY? Don't be put off by fancy talk about legalities etc. Whatever the reason this has happened, it is Brown who has pulled the strings to get what he wants and the new regime has blithely let him get his way.

WHY?