Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
'Deeks Chicken Run'

I too am on the verge of not going back to watch East Fife. I was absoultely disgusted at the behaviour of a paid member of staff at Bayview yesterday. So much so I am intending writing to the Chief Constable of Fife along with the police board of Fife Council. I will be asking who authorised the sending of two police response vehicles to a minor incident. You can hardly call the allegations made in the phone call by Derricks daughter of her father being intimidated anything else but. Intimidated by whom? a 'chicken' 'that woman' (as Derrick calls the trust secretary) a pensioner and the protest co-ordinator. Much as I like all of these people, they would hardly qualify as an aggressive intimidatory task force.

So much so that a health and safety issue was all Fifes finest could produce. A complete and utter waste of tax payers money (and not for the first time, abuse of police time by this family) I would believe that any right minded father in the wider levenmouth community would have taken actions to safeguard their daughter if this allegation had had any substance I certainly would have removed my daughter from any alleged onslaught or intimidation. Perhaps this further highlights the integrity of the man, use your family to cover your own failings.

I also find it incredulous that this new board find it satisfactory to support the actions of Derrick Brown and his daughter, negative publicity again generated by this absolute clown. If this action had happened in any other company I am sure there would be calls for an internal investigation with probable diciplinary action following. I hope the chair and his board see fit to set such an investigation in motion. Or is it still the case the 'clown' gets to do what he wants?

Own views etc.

Re: 'Deeks Chicken Run'

Totally agree. This farcical soap opera that is East Fife is continuing to attract all the wrong headlines.

I appreciate the police have to react to every call but their patience must be wearing very thin with Derrick Brown and family. I wonder how Durham police would have reacted to a call reporting Derrick for stealing the glass from Shakespeares last Saturday night?

Untill there is evidence that Derrick has been sacked or has resigned there will be no peace at Bayview.

Collumbine and Co will not be as indifferent to the thought of losing hundreds of pounds a week from the boycott as Derrick was. The difference now is that it is their money in the club whereas there never was any of Derricks invested.

Common sense must prevail and soon..

I wish to point out that not only did Derrick not remove his daughter from the goings on,he in fact allowed her to join him whilst they were ongoing.I fully expected Derrick's pathetic response,he didn't dissappoint me.Yesterday's pertinent questioning of the board was in no way pre-planned and was only a response to the earlier news.

Expect a no-show from Derrick tomorow evening.

I previously had thought that Derricks daughter was a pretty decent sort and always pleasant enough when working at the "Club Shop"
Unfortunately,it now looks like her "Father" has brainwashed her,just like he has with Stevenson and Mackay.
It now looks like the next few weeks are to be crucial in the fight to remove Brown from OUR club.
I have first hand knowledge that Brown actually enjoys the publicity he recieves from the Protests,even to the point of ridiculing the Protesters on Saturday.

I say we should concentrate on Mackay. A "man" who recently walked and might again,given the spineless nature of him.

Having now contacted Fife Police, my complaint about Derrick and his daughter calling out police on numerous occassions is now winging its way to Complaints Dept Fife Police HQ Detriot Road Glenrothes