Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BURGER Away days

2 Choo Choo trips coming up Montrose on the 9th September and Elgin on the 7th October. I've got 8 tickets for Montrose game for £5 return(Scotrail special and friends fare combined) and need to know whose all going(priority for the usual suspects).

Elgin game clashes with Scotland game so I suspect the numbers may be smaller than usual and the tickets will be £10 return for that one(friends fare).

RSVP ASAP

Travel Co-ordinator of BURGER

Re: BURGER Away days

Would be happy to make up the numbers if necessary for the Montrose game Stewart.
Cannot believe that the Fife have agreed to play a game when Scotland are at home. Will probably be at Hampden that afternoon. Shame, as Elgin is one of the best away days of the season...

Put me down for Montrose Stu!

Who is all going to Elgin? I'm pretty much a Scotland virgin (1 game) so would make the trip.

Put me down for Montrose biker boy. Will be going to the Scotland game though can't believe they are on the same day.

Would love to be at Elgin but can't cos of Scotland match.

I don't suppose you could borrow a Japanese Bullet Train?

A can make the MOntrose but cant make the Elgin trip as on national duty that day.

Montrose fur me gadge!

I'd like a ticket for Montrose. What's the dress code this time ?

I'll miss the Elgin trip as I'll be at the Scotland game

Colin and Stu the Blue, are you guys going by choo choo on Sat? £5 return.

Heading up to Montrose wi the wee bus full-up. Looking forward to it as it's ma first game this season

Probably a bit late but is the hospitality available again at Montrose.

Fifeyboab, did I leave a pair of shades in the minibus last week, I seem to have lost them

TOC, should still be able to arrange hospitality but we're getting up to watch The Pool game at 12.45 in The Northern Vaults and as much as I enjoyed the hospitality they didn't have Sky in the lounge at Montrose, could always double check though.

Cheers for reply Colin. Anyone who wants to go by train I have 2 tickets at £5 each return on 11.10 from Edinburgh to Aberdeen get on at any station en route to Montrose. Reply or e-mail if interested as soon as.

What Stewart means is we're watching the mighty Toffeemen at the Northern Vaults, 12.45pm kick off...

Stewart, i'll have a look for the glasses. Talking about glasses, where is the Northern vaults? Last time up at Montrose we went to The Park hotel which is ok and close to the ground.

Cheers. We usually nip into the Park just before and after the game but the Northern Vaults is a wee bit closer to the station. I couldn't give you accurate directions as we normally take shortcuts through pends and turn left and up the high street somewhere on the left, Angus could probably tell you.

If you're driving Bob. Follow the directions to the High Street, carry on through the High St, pass Woolworths on the left, through one, possibly two pedestrian crossings, Northern Vaults is a pub on the left, opposite the swimming baths...

Stewart - any rail tickets left for the Elgin game?

I only got 4 tickets Jim and they're taken I'm afraid, not much interest with it being same day as Scotland game.

I thought they'd be gone by now Mr.P.
Let me know if anyone drops out and a place needs filling, ta.

Train times for Saturday:

11.10 Edi
11.27 Inv
11.42 Kdy
11.52 Mar
12.40 Arb
12.55 Mon

Still 2 tickets going a begging at a fiver, Angus don't bother buying a ticket I've got yours covered.

Don't all rush at once now

Stewart

Can I have the two tickets if they are still available?

Get the toblerones in, Veggie!

Tickets are yours Mike, 11.42 at Kirkcaldy. See you on the train.

Gaun yersel chaps canny make it but will be looking out for tha scores. Sack the deek!!!!!

Stewart

Appreciated.