Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fav/Disliked Players

Hey Guys, Just wondering who East Fifes Favorite All Time Players/Staff are, and who their Disliked Staff are.

Also, who is the oldest/youngest player ever to have played for you. Top Goalscorer???

Thanks For the Help!

Re: Fav/Disliked Players

youngest is graham beverage .good player crap golfer.

What is his DOB and the date he became the youngest player???

to see who the most disliked memer of staff is, just take a look at any post on this site and you'll find out. my personal favourite player is arnold dwarika.

Favourite all time players would be George Aitken, Henry Morris, Alan Brown (so my grandad says), Billy McPhee, Bertie Miller, Geordie Dewar (so my dad says) and Robert Scott, Davie Beaton, Willie Broon, Gilbert Allan, Kenny Deuchar etc for me

Not particularly liked...

Dougie McCracken and Murray Hunter.

Also, John Martin (son of the Airdrie keeper not the recent one)

date of birth will folow for big bev.

Bev'll be 42 now I believe

Best player/drinker to have graced the club has to be Robert Scott. (although most of the players from that era used to be at all of our Supporters club football teams player of the year dances and would often come down to the big smoke of leven to places like Oasis. (anyone remember the story of scotty falling asleep drunk on the train on the way home and missing his stop??)

big bev played against Albion Rovers at coatbridge aged 15.HE CANNY REMBER THE SCORE AS HE WAS PISSED.

Aye but bev can sure pick winners at the gee gees

And oor worse player has to be KEN HALLEY words cant describe some of his performances

gavin murray

Tell me to mind my Rovers business if you like, but Ken Halley and Gavin Murray would have walked into last years F*fe team.

Mind your own R*vers business

Jonafon man ur a mug ya bass

Stephen Tarditti must rank as the worst player to put on an East Fife bell tent, sorry shirt!

Tarditti had an excellent football mind, back when he was in the team he looked like the only player who wanted to play good football...unfortunately he just lacked the fitness!

Very harsh on Ken Halley. He wasn't a great player, but there have been far, far worse. He played in the team that beat Hibs. He played in the team that won promotion to the First Division. He played for three seasons in the First Division as part of a successful East Fife side. Then he was dropped early on in Gavin Murray's first season in charge - and East Fife were relegated.

John Martin (the goalies son and not our current striker) was absolutley rotten if I mind correctly, played a whole season up front and managed about 2 goals.

Ronny Coyle was also a disaster at the back

Tarditti also had a problem with the players that were around about him namely the opposition.

Steve Prior he was dire

Scotty was the best in my era certainly...

Ken hally absoulete fuc8IN PISH

HALLY worst centre half born mince total ,mince

The youngest and one of the best EF players I can remember was Gordon Durie making his debut for us aged 16 I beleive.

Robert Scott has to be one of the favourites and because he was a character as well as superb goalscorer.

Steve Archibald, Arnold Dwarika, Dicky Gibb and of course Kenny Deuchar are all worth more than a passing mention.

Worst player would be Dougie McCracken and most dislked Steve Ramsay.

Player's that made a big impression on me, and mainly from my youth when we had a better team:-
Davie Clark
Drew Rutherford
Graeme Honeyman
The winger we signed from Bo'ness only played a few games then naffed off to Ireland somewhere.

Bad players? We've has a few but I'd rather dwell on the positive

OH JOHNNY JOHNNY

JOHNNY JOHNNY JOHNNY JOHNNY JOHNNY LOVE!

That would be Sammy Frickleton Stuart. Think he went to Sligo Rovers. Bumped into him in a train a few years ago and was surprised when I reminded him that he'd scored against Raith Rovers in a New Year's victory which had earned him the status of Bayview legend...

My heroes were Bertie Miller, Billy McPhee, Davie Clarke, Robin Thomson, Stevie Kirk, Tommy McCafferty, Arnold Dwarika and Kenny Deuchar.

I can't quite bring myself to nominate the worst players (there have been a few) as I would have given anything to pull on the Black and Gold. Imagine how you would feel if it was your son getting slagged off? Don't like it and try not to do it. Providing they're giving 100% for the shirt I'm happy...

Fair point Angus but Steve Ramsay was a Twat, right?

"Spider" was idolised everywhere he went, then he came to Bayview and was hated, does that say something about us, or everyone else?

big bev signed for fife aged 12.

Brian (Zico) Jenkins from left back and Martin Caithness, our very own Charlie Nicholas lookalike were a few of my personal favourites. Steve Kirk used to put the shits up any player that harmed any of ours. I think retribution must be his middle name. My unforgetable memory is of Gordon Durie being a 16 year old substitute. Early in the 2nd half of any game we were not yet winning the cry from the croud would be 'get Durie on'. Five minutes after he was on the cry would be 'get Durie aff'. The following season he was able to run rings round anybody due to his lightening speed. Anybody any ideas why he was called 'Seagull'?

Thanks Angus, his name came to me on the way home from Perth last night.

Igor - I will never forget (or forgive) the way that spider was in the bar at bayview after we had just been relegated. Dickie Gibb was gutted and Ramsay was telling him to cheer up etc etc. I was fuming. Yes I know it's only a game but the players in the bar who had a bit of pride were in no mood to celebrate. The little man was.

I also think he is one of the dirtiest players I have seen.

Zebra must be the oldest player.

Still have nightmares about Stuart Wilson. How he got a game every week for about 5 seasons is.....ah yes, Gavin Murray was manager.

Dave Dall

The center half signed from Scunthorpe in the early 80's. Looked the part tall, permed hair, mexican moustache. Played in the League cup up at Glebe Park,the highlight being a sliding tackle missed the ball, the player and took out two specators on the touchline. We got humped 4-0 or 4-1 and he mysteriously disappeared off the radar. Gone but not forgotten

Dave Dall? We've never had a player called Dave Dall

1982-83.
He played in the League Cup section when we failed to score in six games.
The group consisted of Brechin, Partick, ourselves and the Shire...

We did manage three 0-0 draws though. I remember Alan Rough's Shoot! column at the time was rather disrespectful,with the headline "Malaga to Methil", suppose it was poetic justice that he broke his ankle on his next vist to Bayview. Gordon Durie was sent off in the Thistle tie, and the goal drought was broken in the first league game (3-1 against East Stirlingshire) with Gordon Marshall in goals for the visitors.
And a kids season ticket was only £4!

Euan Donaldson :D

No one has mentioned DOUGIE HOPE (LESS).He was as shite as they come.

Naw, naw, naw. I'm no havin' that. Ginger Doug was class. He was badly coached by Murray that's all. Have to say that Robert Pritz was good for us in the few games that he played. Paul "Yellie Barrel" Hunter should also get a mention. Not as big a mention as Stevie Pittman. Firstly, for being an USA internationalist (?) but more importantly, for fighting all of the door staff at the Oasis in Leven!

No-one, but no-one, will ever take the place of Wullie Broon as the true cult hero of Bayview, in my eyes!

Biggest fanny prize has to go to Doug McCracken

chicken legs Wilson got past defenders cause they were pissin themselves laughn, however did score a very memorable goal against Timex Utd in the cup replay

Dave Gorman smallest but the best goalie in our lunchtime but crap comedian

http://eastfife.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1049&p=2&stid=8205859

..and Arnie

http://eastfife.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1049&p=2&stid=8018561

and lastly Bertie Miller

http://eastfife.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1049&p=2&stid=8051195

jukebox was called seagull he was always accused of diving

oldest. sammy stewart full back.

Cheers Zak,

I was beginning to think I had imagined the story about Seagull.

nah he was called Seagull cause he stole bread from his neighbours and shit on people from a great height