Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A question of economics.

The start of the season is upon us. Looks like this year, we'll be in with a shout of promotion; something to cheer about after 3 years of misery. However, my cheering will have to come from the mound. Protesting isn't easy - I really want to be back in the ground, but with Derrick Brown still there, this is not possible.

Why is it that the new regime wants to keep Derrick? Perhaps they think he can do a job (!), perhaps he's difficult to remove - I don't know. But what I do know is that while he remains, the protest will continue and it will cost the club money.

Willie & Sid are successful businessmen but what price are they willing to pay to keep Derrick on board? By my reckoning, Brown's position takes 200 off the home gate - is he worth £1000+ a week? Not to mention the long-term effects - as many of the stay-aways will testify, football is an easy habit to get out of.

To the Board - please remove this man, and soon. Preferably before Saturday so that I can be a season ticket holder once again, and get back in the ground where I belong.

Re: A question of economics.

I don't think the new regime have any intention of removing DB and are keen to use him in any way they can.

I'd have thought that SC would have bought DB out, if he really wanted rid of him, after all he has purchased shares and offered an interest free loan of £45,000 to the club. Why didn't he use the combined sum to purchase DB's shares and boot him out of the club.

The new regime I feel, plan to use DB as a tool to divert attention away from their real aims which is to make a killing from the sale of the ajoining land, whatever it's worth.

Walter
Your spot on, all these threads of blinkered, poorly educated individuals who cannot see the bigger business picture of exactly why Sid & Co would want such a club, it's simply not for the love of Football.
Sid is a sharp cookie. The surrounding land is potentially worth millions with the proposed investment in the Levenmouth area, the demolition of the Power Station, the creation of a new Train link through Leven & Luxury apartments. You seriously think its East Fife he has a passion for?.
The above is my personal opinion on the matter.

So. Walter and Grant. You'll be at the meeting tomorrow night then?

I don't think many people have been naive enough to think that SC and WG are investing in EFFC for the love of it.

As a matter of interest can I assume that those who are highlighting the tremendous investment potential of the club are currently remortgaging and putting all their pennies in East Fife shares?

Thought not.

To back up what Angus is saying, if both of you are as worried about this as you say you are then it's vital you come on Thursday and start to play a role in things.

I personally don't agree with much of the hysteria on here regarding Sid and Willie, but if other fans do then I can't understand why they don't come out into the open and say so.

To be blunt with you and not to sit on the fence. I will be investing in the Land, the fact that there is a 3rd Division Football team is secondary.

Okay, bash on.

Grant Smith has nothing to do with me and the fact that he agrees with me is a matter for him and him alone.

I'm mearly stating what I feel and as to whether I'll be attending the meeting, well, no I wont.

There is more then one way to skin a cat and standing on the mound or marching down Leven high street is not the way. The Trust and their share purchase scheme is one very practical way of making a difference. In my opinion this should have been their aim from day one.

"Your spot on, all these threads of blinkered, poorly educated individuals..."

This should begin "You're spot on..."

Glad I could help.

OK clever clogs

The Trust's share buying method is correct, you won't find any arguments there at all, but the other action (boycott's, the march etc) have been very effective, though I would agree that they have their limits.

These acts have brought the whole situation into the public eye and the media, this is largely what has ousted DB from the chair.

Walter - this was our objective from day one but DB wouldn't sell us the shares. He made a last attempt at controlling issues when he offered the 2nd tranche which we are in the process of purchasing.

I think we need to attack on as many fronts as possible - on the mound, in the ground, staying away, press, whatever it takes to remove Brown.

As I said in a previous post, I really couldn't give a toss if we sell the land we're on at the moment. The stadium is awful and has no soul. Who would really shed a tear for it? As long as we got a new ground somewhere and a winning team on the park at the end of it then I couldn't care less who walks away with money, as long as it's not Brown.

You may say that Sid and Willie might not guarantee a new ground or team, but you equally can't say they won't. No one knows. Personally they have my trust at present.

You're right Kerriann our aim was always to purchase shares and have a say in how the club should be run. I remember at the time someone saying ''and we'll start wi getting rid o that c**t Broon'' I though then that that would be what we'd be about and decided to distance myself from the movement that is the Trust. Its unfortunate but many still see the Trust as being about the removel of Derrick Brown. Its only in more recent times that the focus has moved back to the shares purchase, so its little wonder that some see the share purchase as a new item on the Trust agenda.

And lets not forget, SC & WG will be turning down 100K from the supporter's trust by keeping Brown!

The thing is, it's always been on the Trust boards' agenda is just that the door kept getting slammed in our face at every turn. Now however the door is well and truly open and we will have the required shares for a seat on the board soon. Our initial objective was to get enough shares to have a say in the club. A seat on the board was something that was planned for the future. It has come about ahead of our plans but we will not complain.

The Trust was not formed to get rid of Brown. It was formed for the good of EFFC, it just so happened that the person in charge at the time could not see that. He saw us as a threat to his empire. This was never how it was meant to go. The majority of well run clubs embrace the Trust movement. Those with something to hide see it as a threat. The new regime do not see us as a threat and welcome our involvement. I reckon that can only be good for the wonderful club that is East Fife Football Club (and not DBFC).

DBFC - Just wondering what your 'F' and your 'C' are standing for there, Kerriann.

How about FAT CUNT.I personally think it would not be a bad thing selling the ground and land, it has never had any real(atmosphere),hope I spelt it right,even when we got promoted there was silence most of the game,old bayview had everything it did have smelly loos but so does new bayview and the drains can't cope when it rains,so let's demolish it get rid of the browns,hamilton,makay & stevenson at the same time, LONG LIVE EAST FIFE.

Yes zak sell the land demolish the ground and move to king george as norton have folded we can get oor carry oot at sands and watch from the road MAGIC .

If, and it's a big if, WG, SC and NR want to sell the land and make a nice wee profit, do you think they'll dig into it and buy East Fife a nice new ground. I don't think so.

Groundhog, you think knocking down a small stand, removing a breeze block wall and levelling a mound is a major job for SD? loose change to do such a job.

EFFC I trust will be relocated in the levenmouth area. I do believe SD & Co will make sure of that. He is a clever individual, he is not the Fife's grim reaper

I dont see anything happen in next few years, but the longer term with the investment now made the monitory value in that land is potentially massive, a small investment of £500k to get a return possibly in excess of £10 million in 5 - 10 yrs times is a very good piece of business.

The above is my personal opinion

Think your timescale may be a bit long. I would suggest that if the powerstation in demolished next year. This would be the ideal time for selling alongside this land to develop the whole site.

Christ bi the time the power station comes doon Broon,wi iz dicky heart,Wullie, wi au that weight iz caerry'in un Syd,wi iz age,might au bi deed!!!