Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brown as Secretary

Daft though it may seem there is a case for DB staying temporarily as club secretary.
At this time of year there are all sorts of paperwork, player registrations etc to be dealt with and I'm not aware of anyone around the cluib at the moment other than DB who is familiar with that stuff.

If the club were to announce that DB would be staying for, say, 3 months to work alongside a future secretary that could make sense.

It means of course that the club would have to source someone else willing to tkae the post on - maybe the Trust director when she/jhe is appoointed could do it.

This doesn't address the issue of payment but I've no doubt that will be brought up at the club's AGM.

Oh and before anyone jumps down my throat and says that DB should be out immediately please explain how you would deal with the absence of anyone at the moment to act as secretary.

Comments very welcome either here or on the mound on Saturday.

Re: Brown as Secretary

Good point well made. But.... I think the NET gains would be greater if brown was removed all together.

I can subscibe to the analysis of him being a gofur for a short period. Still can't stomach him being paid also what about Leona?

Did Billy McPhee not do this job on a previous occassion, before leaving to do a similar full time post at Raith.

This job does not really affect Leona's job. The issue is not really about who can or cannot do the job but that Brown was able to swing such a position while removing himself from the immediate limelight. As I said some time ago he is clever in these kinds of situations and it may come to pass that Sid And willie come to rue their compromise to obtain the position of chairman.

Trickie Dickie strikes again.

Leona is more than capable of doing player registrations etc.She is more than able to carry out those duties especially with no Derrick to harass her.

What appears to be being suggested is that if Derrick catches anything worse than a cold that we are all doomed.What piffle!!

I don't know why you have to exaggerate Dave.

I'm simply making the point that DB is an experienced club administrator and one is required.

If you're suggesting that Leona can do the job then that's great news. Did you ever raise her as a possibility for this role when you were on the EFFC board and if so what was the reaction?

Eugene

Apologies if I gave the impression that I was having a go at you.It was ,in fact, the people who appointed Derrick to his roll to whom I was referring.

Ps

It was never an issue whilst I was on the board,Eugene.

The point I am trying to make,not very successfully,is that it would have been better for the club to have rid itself of Derrick and "gotten bye" for a week or two rather than have this fudge and continued protest.

And im not exagerating eugene and simply making the point derrick is an absolute a**E HOLE WHO SHOULD GET TO F88k

Dave, tell Eugene to piss off (touchy little twit) Once again he acts like a school boy if anyone disagrees with his points.

Why not do it yourself? You've got my email address.

So what does this leave the staff like then.

Who is Chairman?

Board of Directors

William Gray (Chairman)

Sidney Collumbine (Vice-Chairman)

J Derrick Brown

Elizabeth Brown

Andrew Hain

David Hamilton

Kenny Mackay

David Stevenson

Management Team

Manager: David Baikie

Assistant Manager: Graeme Irons

Youth Team Coach's: Gary McAlpine & Alex Blyth

Physiotherapist: Brian McNeil & Stuart Murphy

Goalkeeping Coach : David Westwood

I agree totally with your assessment Eugene. In an ideal world we would all want rid of Derrick immediately but unfortunately its not as simple as that.

I am yet to be convinced that continued protests are in the best interests of East Fife. we have got to look at things with a clear head and not get rapped up in emotional reactions which can be counter productive.

Brown is still running the show - Saturday's call to the Police showed that. Until his distructive influence has been removed, the best interests of east fife are not being served.

As igor has said, the protests are a reaction to the problem. For the protests to stop, the powers that be must act. It is in their hands.

Unfortunately the powers that be is Derrick. Until that can be resolved we will be stuck with him.

Eugene, your determination to convince everyone that Brown staying is a 'good thing' is tiresome. You have called this situation wrongly so many times that we just don't buy any of this stuff.

Brown is an assistant office boy. Anyone who has ever filled in a leger could do his job. East Fife managed to find competent secretaries for a century before he came along. If your big pal Willie Gray is so well connected in football then try asking him to put his contacts to good use and find someone who knows how to fill in a form.

good guy (allegedly)
good guy
WANK
WANK

NO SUUURE MAN
WANK
WANK
WANK
GOOD GUY
GOOD GUY
THE REST JURY OOT

Will he be in his place for the team photo this year!! i have 100 women with a pre-order to fill!!