Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife's Chances according to Mixu Paatelainen

TAKEN FROM BBC SCOTLAND FOOTBALL:

Here

Mixu Paatelainen steered Cowdenbeath to promotion last season and here assesses the chances of the 10 Scottish Division Three sides as they prepare for the start of the new season on Saturday.

"EAST FIFE
Maybe passing the ball around is not East Fife's main strength, but they are a big, physical team.

They have made a few changes during the summer, but I think they will again finish about mid-table."

What you think?

Re: East Fife's Chances according to Mixu Paatelainen

He's talking pish.

What does he know....Baikie created the Team he is now in control off

Baikie did bring together the players that Mixu took to the second division, but that Cowdenbeath team had a more balanced look about it than the present East Fife Squad.

A question I would like answering is: We Have signed, this season, seven ex rovers players, is this Baikies doing or Willie Gray behind this?

I know he's desperate to put one over on the rovers and to do it with ex rovers would be a double whammy

Just a question ?
Who were the big physical players that we had last season? I must have missed them!

He is a fud! as a certain East Fife player would say,cowden will be coming down as we go up,just incase you are reading this j whoa black betty yer mans a bam, see you the morn 12.00 bayview bar.

If Baikie didn't want a player then we wouldn't be signing him, but Willie Gray has alot of ex-Rovers contacts and we seem to be using that to our advantage.

truffle shuffle

I think he was refering to this years team after we played them in a pre-season game in Edinburgh.One of his players broke his ankle and Mixu accused us as having been too physical for a friendly.

he's just pissed aff because his player got a broken ankle in a pre-season freindly wit us

They weren't exactly holding back either I recall.

oh no Ive wasted my money, ladbrokes will be pleased fucks sake I wish Id listened to Mixi Pishthelino